Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
How to load fb2 ebooks onto PRS+ Reader?

Probably a dumb question, but searching for a while turned up nothing so: I finally managed to flash my 300 with the latest PRS+. It says there is a built-in fb2-to-ePub converter. How do I load Russian fb2 books so I can read them on my 300? Reader Library won't transfer when I drag the file from pc folder to Reader tab; tried copying file directly to 'books' folder on the Reader but it doesn't show up. PRS+ website didn't have the answer anywhere obvious. Anybody? Thx!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Connect your Sony to your PC/Mac
IM of Sony-PRS should show up as removeable media "READER"
Copy any fb2 file to the reader.

Disconnect

use "Browse-Folder" to navigate to your fb2 file, it should be shown there mark/tap/open it as any other book.

The internal fb2-epub converter will process the file (create an epub version) and open this epub for you.

Makes this any sense to you?

Regards
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 09-06-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Removed PS
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Connect your Sony to your PC/Mac
IM of Sony-PRS should show up as removeable media "READER"
Copy any fb2 file to the reader.

Disconnect

use "Browse-Folder" to navigate to your fb2 file, it should be shown there mark/tap/open it as any other book.

The internal fb2-epub converter will process the file (create an epub version) and open this epub for you.

Makes this any sense to you?

Regards
Mark
Got it--makes complete sense too! Debating using the internal conversion or batch-converting on a pc (to epub) so the files appear in the menu and don't have the opening delay.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote