Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Vizio?

I see they have an android tablet at walmart for 298..Anyone know anything about them>
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
The folks over at MobileTechReview did a video on it. I looks interesting. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MobileTe.../0/dJVypwzOQ20

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
thank you
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
marvin02
marvin02 began at the beginning.

Device: VTAB1008
Some articles on my experience with the Vizio Tablet.
marvin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I really like the look of it and the idea of it being a universal remote. That would b pretty awesome, but when I decided to buy something last week. I went with the pristine used $150 Nook Color from Craigslist. I just couldn't justify $300+(with taxes).
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
userburt
userburt began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
I am looking very hard at the Vizio, mostly because of its form factor --8 inch display with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Ipad, for some reason, makes it awkward to load files (like with usb or sd cards) but I think its 4:3 aspect is right for the web and pdfs. The Vizio has the same pixel count as the ipad on a smaller screen, which I hope will be ok. I like my pocket edge a lot, but for the web and pdfs portrait mode can be too narrow and landscape mode too short.
userburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
I am typing this on one now. This tablet does incredibly well for reading full page PDFs, and it can run reader Apps from Amazon, Kobo, and B&N, though some like the free Overdrive App had some issues working with the Vizio's 1024x768 resolution (seemed to expect all large screens to be 16:9).
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote