Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
Can anyone give me a quick lesson in adding the covers to my epubs in calibre? Some of mine have them, but most don't.

I want to add the cover to the epub without screwing up the default formating of the epub.
I would suggest you use Sigil:
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashingTool View Post
This may be true, but it does not completely cover it. Some of my epubs that have covers when opened do not show them in library view. Is there a specific setting that ensures it works? about 90% of my epubs are working, but the others are not. I have tried a bunch of alterations on them but have had no luck yet.
Can you open the epub and look at the location and name of the cover image?

I just opened a sample epub, the cover image is here:

OEBPS/Images/510x680cover20002205.jpg

It may be that the nookColor looks for a file with "cover" in it.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #18
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
just got done sideloading my calibre books and all book cover images came through just fine, sitting up on my shelves and on the main shelf looking just like my BN bought books.

not sure what are people are doing wrong or where they got the books in what format, etc, because I did not do anything extra all came through perfect.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
... sitting up ... on the main shelf looking just like my BN bought books.
Please clarify. Home screen shelf?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Please clarify. Home screen shelf?
No, under "My Library" with the "books" tab and also under "My Shelves"
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #21
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thanks!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #22
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thanks!
your welcome
Old 11-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
just got done sideloading my calibre books and all book cover images came through just fine, sitting up on my shelves and on the main shelf looking just like my BN bought books.

not sure what are people are doing wrong or where they got the books in what format, etc, because I did not do anything extra all came through perfect.
Most of my bought epubs from Fictionwise don't have the covers built in. So those are showing no covers when I copy them over. I've also had a couple that did have covers still not show the cover on the nookcolor. Very weird. BTW, I like that the sideloaded books show up in the main my library. Something we wanted on the original nook and never got. We can also build our own bookshelves and customize how the books are sorted. Again something we wanted on the original nook.

So far I'm very happy, but I did notice on my unit that the touch screen doesn't work correctly if you have it plugged in. It causes the touch screen to register touches in the wrong places, but once I unplugged it the thing worked perfectly again.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #24
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I would suggest you use Sigil:
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/
This seems to add the covers, but my nook still doesn't recognize them. This is really my only gripe with the device and hopefully someone can come up with a simply solution for this.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Partial Solution

When I got my new Nook Color, I copied over a bunch of (legitimately purchased but un-DRMd) ePubs. Only a few of them showed up with the correct book art, even with many of them showing the correct art in Calibre. Because of the publisher defaults regarding font and margin size and not being able to adjust them as completely as I'd like on the Nook Color, I have been using Calibre to explode the ePubs, rebuild them as .PRC files, and then use Calibre to convert them back to ePubs which keeps the formatting intact but allows me to adjust the settings I want (although there may be an easier way to do this). The point is, as part of the conversion back to ePub I have made sure I have the correct covers set in Calibre before conversion and doing this has made every one of the covers show up correctly on the Nook Color. I have also noticed though that if I upload more than about three or four ePubs to the Nook Color at a time, sometimes I have to cycle through the different sections of the library (magazines, extras) and change the view from thumbnails to the different lists before all of the covers refresh and show up correctly. My guess is that too many covers at once don't load properly because of cache or memory issues (I am completely making that up and guessing).
belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #26
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook classic, nook color
im glad this wasnt just me, im pretty annoyed about not being able to put my items on the homescreen. what guy decided this was ok?
exodus1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #27
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
I'm thinking this is something they will fix in an update.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #28
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
I've noticed that you can create your own bookshelf on the Nook Color. If you create a custom shelf called "Marvin's Favorites", can this shelf contain a mixture of both sideloaded books and purchased books?

Finally, I assume that feedbooks and books from mobileread will be treated in the same way as sideloaded books (excerpt that you download them from the Nook browser). Can anyone confirm?
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #29
SmashingTool
SmashingTool began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Yes to #1, dont know what the things are in question 2
SmashingTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #30
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapax legomenon View Post
I've noticed that you can create your own bookshelf on the Nook Color. If you create a custom shelf called "Marvin's Favorites", can this shelf contain a mixture of both sideloaded books and purchased books?
Yes. That's entirely customizable.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote