Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #61
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Please someone help me. This the first time I use Sony ereader (PRS-T1), try to rooted. Do I need to install from V1 to V6, or just the latest one? If there is an update is it need to uninstall the old one?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #62
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
Please someone help me. This the first time I use Sony ereader (PRS-T1), try to rooted. Do I need to install from V1 to V6, or just the latest one? If there is an update is it need to uninstall the old one?
You only need to install the latest one. You also don't need to uninstall previous versions when updating.

Note that every now and then Morkl may change the XML config file details, so when you do upgrade in the future you may need to do more than simply install the new apk. Read the announcements and you'll be fine.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #63
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
To Simon, thank you very much for detail explanation.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #64
Venzent
Venzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
NOTE 2012-01-20:
New releases are uploaded here, code is posted here.
Is there now any way to see wath is fixed or what future wishes are. For me the "currently reading" update from FBreader is the most important and is keeping me away from this homescreen. Any idea when it will be implemented.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #65
Azhad
Azhad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, Milestone, Galaxy Tab
Quote:
NOTE 2012-01-20:
New releases are uploaded here, code is posted here. I'll keep posting updates in this thread, but this post will not always be up to date.
In that link I see a modified reader and browser apps, but where is the home screen one?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #66
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Sorry, but I think SourceForge is a mess. Where is the homescreen thing and its latest version and how is it called. And what do the other applications do? I am not very technical and I know that 'just trying out' what I find on the internet will surely result in a bricked reader.
So far I am very happy with the new homescreen but lost track of where to find new versions.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #67
Azhad
Azhad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, Milestone, Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Sorry, but I think SourceForge is a mess. Where is the homescreen thing and its latest version and how is it called. And what do the other applications do? I am not very technical and I know that 'just trying out' what I find on the internet will surely result in a bricked reader.
So far I am very happy with the new homescreen but lost track of where to find new versions.
The reader app is a modified reader with css options and reduced full page refresh.
The webbrowser one is a modified browser in only black and white, for faster scrolling and refresh
Old 01-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #68
bardo
bardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
I am experiencing a changing behavior of the second home screen: one shows the xml defined behavior, the other the classic Sony content.

On restart, I get as the second screen the old/stock version with the audio player. The third screen is empty, but can be "populated" via the return button. Home, then second screen now doesn't show the old screen, and no audio player.

Anyway, I would like to have the Sony audio player included in the xml by default.
How can I add it?

Last edited by bardo; 01-20-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #69
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad View Post
The reader app is a modified reader with css options and reduced full page refresh.
The webbrowser one is a modified browser in only black and white, for faster scrolling and refresh
I understand the reader app is mainly for changing fonts (?) and the browser is an imnproved internet browser. I don't really need them. But the modified homescreen, yes. But where is it?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #70
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
I understand the reader app is mainly for changing fonts (?) and the browser is an imnproved internet browser. I don't really need them. But the modified homescreen, yes. But where is it?
Look in post 32 of this thread.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #71
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardo View Post
I am experiencing a changing behavior of the second home screen: one shows the xml defined behavior, the other the classic Sony content.

On restart, I get as the second screen the old/stock version with the audio player. The third screen is empty, but can be "populated" via the return button. Home, then second screen now doesn't show the old screen, and no audio player.

Anyway, I would like to have the Sony audio player included in the xml by default.
How can I add it?
I'm aware of the problem with settings not loading on reboot, but I'm not sure I understand the behavior you describe. When you press the return button, are all screen affected or just the third one?

To add audio player, put <item>app_audio</item> in the place you want it in the XML.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Look in post 32 of this thread.
Yes, there is no Home app on SourceForge yet since I haven't made any updates to it since I began using it. Latest one right now is v6, that snarkophilus links to.

Better documentation is on my TODO list, but I only have so much time to work on this every day and I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzent View Post
Is there now any way to see wath is fixed or what future wishes are. For me the "currently reading" update from FBreader is the most important and is keeping me away from this homescreen. Any idea when it will be implemented.
I intend to bring back the future/fixed lists as soon as I figure out how to manage them. I haven't experimented with FBReader much yet, but will do so in the weekend, to sort out what works and what doesn't work and what needs to be done to make things work.

Last edited by Morkl; 01-20-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #72
bardo
bardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enoughbardo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm aware of the problem with settings not loading on reboot, but I'm not sure I understand the behavior you describe. When you press the return button, are all screen affected or just the third one?

To add audio player, put <item>app_audio</item> in the place you want it in the XML.
Ok, no setting on reboot explains the behavior.

I'm very happy with the Mortplayer Audiobooks app. Possible to skin to the Sony b/w style is possible, keeps audio bookmarks, allows volume control with swipes..
Just learned that PRS-T1 does not need an app switcher, just juse the status bar.

Thx
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #73
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Morkl

Good reading...

Sir Terence, I mean!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #74
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzent View Post
This update has been implemented a while ago. The APK (based on FBReaderJ 1.3.1 with my changes for background and paging buttons) carries my signature, so if you currently have the stock version installed, you may need to uninstall it first.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #75
Venzent
Venzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enoughVenzent will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
This update has been implemented a while ago. The APK (based on FBReaderJ 1.3.1 with my changes for background and paging buttons) carries my signature, so if you currently have the stock version installed, you may need to uninstall it first.
Aaaaahhhh, this is great man, it works indeed
You made me a happy man, I completly oversee your update......
Thanks ......
Closed Thread