Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
dapjukebox
dapjukebox began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
0.7.39 + Win7 SP1 32bit = crash

Just installed the new version and it will not run.
Coinsidently i have also just installed SP1 for windows 7 (RTM'd today)
Not sure if this is the problem.
The error message is:
Python function terminated unexpectedly source code not available (error code 1)

I have got another machine to try it on but that will have to wait till tomorrow.

I did try a second download with the same result.

Any one else having the same problem?
dapjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I am getting the same error with 0.7.39 + Win7 64-bit. I have not yet installed SP1.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
Thunderclap8
Thunderclap8 began at the beginning.

Heh, I posted about the same issue just after you did, didn't see your post first.

I have the same problem, on Win XP.
Thunderclap8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
julianabr
julianabr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjukebox View Post
Just installed the new version and it will not run.
Coinsidently i have also just installed SP1 for windows 7 (RTM'd today)
Not sure if this is the problem.
The error message is:
Python function terminated unexpectedly source code not available (error code 1)

I have got another machine to try it on but that will have to wait till tomorrow.

I did try a second download with the same result.

Any one else having the same problem?
I'm running Mac OSX (10.6.4) and mine wouldn't run either. Perhaps related? Or not.
julianabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
dapjukebox
dapjukebox began at the beginning.

Not just windows then!!
dapjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
I must have been writing my post at the same time as you! The new version crashes for me too. Same error message.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
SoundMix
SoundMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 & 3
Same problem with python error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win 7 64. Instructions above do not work as the directory is removed by the uninstaller. Rollback to 7.37 works fine. Tried updating twice. Sticking with 7.37 for now.
SoundMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Won't run on WinXP 64-bit either. Nor will the eBook viewer load independently from Calibre.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
andrew121
andrew121 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G+WiFi
It's crashing when I try to launch on Mac OS X 10.6.6 as well
andrew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Having same issue on xpsp3, I'll stop banging my head now and not try and re-install for a 5th time. reverting back to see if I can get into Calibre. good thing I have not tried the install on the win 7 machine.
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I am having an issue on Mint Linux 10 - based on Ubuntu.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 53, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/opf2.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/formatter_functions.py", line 427, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/formatter_functions.py", line 86, in __init__
  File "inspect.py", line 688, in getsourcelines
  File "inspect.py", line 529, in findsource
IOError: source code not available
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
Sinestro
Sinestro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Same problem as above folks, using XP SP3. Rolled back to previous version and it is working fine.
Sinestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
fixed in 0.7.40
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
fixed in 0.7.40
I have installed on XPSP3, looks good but have not used it yet.

Thanks
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
flopis
flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.flopis knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kindle
I installed Python 3.1.3 release for X86-64 but I would get the same error message:
Python function terminated...
I'll go back to 7.37 and wait for 7.40.

Regards
flopis is offline   Reply With Quote