Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
mhuttlinger
mhuttlinger began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
Unable to Transfer Files "Oops Unavailable"

I am trying to drag and drop a file from eBook library on my laptop onto my PRS 700 and when I go to authorize it the Sony page says "Oops the page you requested is temporarily unavailable" Huh? It has given me this message since 6 pm last night --- is anyone else experiencing this? Am I being impatient? All I have had are struggles with this thing. I have half a mind to just use my iPhone (but its small) -- Thanks for any help or suggestions!
mhuttlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
mhuttlinger
mhuttlinger began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
Fixed the Problem - See link below - Follow Steps

http://ebooks.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...ted=1242688521
mhuttlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you for coming back to post your solution. I hadn't see this before and put the answer shown from your link below.... someone may need the information in future.

Quote:
Question
I receive an "Oops, the page you requested is temporarily unavailable." error when trying to add books to my Reader.

Answer
This usually occurs if the Reader has not yet been authorized to your Account.

To authorize your Reader:

1. Launch the eBook Library software
2. Click on Account and Sign in
3. Connect your Reader Digital Book via provided USB connector to your PC. The Reader will appear in the left frame. Note: Reader MUST be turned on and active, not in sleep mode, when connected to PC. For best results we suggest it also be fully charged
4. In your Account section, page down to bottom of page and go to "Manage Devices" in the "My Authorized Devices section"
5. Your Reader will be located here at the bottom under "We have detected the following attached devices". Click "Authorize this device" to register your Reader Digital Book with your account.

You should now be able to transfer content to your Reader without error.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote