Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 03-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Austen, Jane: Sense and Sensibility (Illustrated). v2, 2 Mar 2008

imp conversion of HarryT's illustrated Austen series. I will do the others as well. to avoid confusion in case of further revisions i have copied the title of HarryT's post, including version number and date (they correspond to the mobi version i converted).

conversion notes :
1. thanks to Nick's brilliant conversion tool, i can make an .imp 1150 *and* a 1200 version with almost no extra effort on my part, so i have included both here. the color illustrations make the 1200 particularly worthwhile.

2. the images from the original file were too large / the wrong proportions for imp screen size. when resizing them, i took into account the proportions of the 1150 screen, since that seems to be significantly more prevalent than the 1200. As a result, a few of the images are *still* too large for the 1200 screen, and the bottom edge may be slightly cut off. Since this part of the illustration contains only the caption, which is repeated in the body of the text immediately after the illustration, i decided not to redo TWO sets of images. any perfectionist 1200 owners who want to redo the images themselves however are welcome to my source files !

HarryT's original description :

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A fully illustrated version of Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility", with 24 watercolour illustrations by C.E.Brock.

Plot summary from Amazon:

Marianne Dashwood wears her heart on her sleeve, and when she falls in love with the dashing but unsuitable John Willougby, she ignores her sister Elinor's warning that her impulsive behaviour leaves her open to gossip and innuendo. Meanwhile Elinor, always sensitive to social convention, is struggling to conceal her own romantic disappointment, even from those closest to her. Through their parallel experience of love - and its threatened loss - the sisters learn that sense must mix with sensibility if they are to find personal happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love.

Illustrations are used, with thanks, from http://www.mollands.net and http://www.solitary-elegance.com. Both these web sites are great resources for all fans of Jane Austen!

Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Austen, Jane - Sense and Sensibility.imp (1.56 MB, 707 views)
File Type: imp Austen, Jane - Sense and Sensibility_1200.imp (1.51 MB, 662 views)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-20-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: adding the attachements...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Where is the book?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sorry about that, i don't know what happened... here are the books (i couldn't find how to add the attachments to my original post).

[EDIT : i have added the books to the first post.]

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 03-24-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: fixing the attachments
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Austen, Jane: Sense and Sensibility (Illustrated). v3, 10 Aug 2008

As requested, I've updated these .imp ebooks using Mobi2IMP v9.4e to the latest version posted by HarryT, namely:
Quote:
EDIT: 10 Aug 08

Replaced the cover with a much improved one. Thanks to Paul Durrant for this.
Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Austen, Jane - Sense and Sensibility.imp (2.04 MB, 515 views)
File Type: imp Austen, Jane - Sense and Sensibility_1200.imp (2.01 MB, 559 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, human nature, illustrations, relationships