Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
oasis88
oasis88 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
TOC Nightmare, Help please!

Hello everyone, I've just created my first Ebook (fictional novella.) I'm having some major issues with the "Go To" table of contents part in Kindle Previewer.

I have a fully working Table of Contents in Kindle Previewer when you're on page 4 (which is the page my TOC is on) but when you click "Go To, Table of Contents" on the top menu it says "Missing Table of Contents." Strangely enough though, when you click "View, NCX View" there lies my table of contents, fully functioning.

Now I've been doing research on this subject all night long and I'm still confused on what to do. I know a little bit about HTML but I'm honestly just completely lost at how to fix this. I've tried using Calibre, Mobipocket Creator, and Sigil.

I have no idea how to fix this and I'd hate to release the book without a functioning ToC and get horrible reviews! If anyone knows what to do, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you very much!
oasis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
NCX? Then it's an ePub, and Sigil should help. Notice:
  • Table of Contents generator with multi-level heading support
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
You are missing the TOC entry in the guide section of the content.opf file.
In Sigil, look at the Book Browser section. Right-click on the file that contains the Table of Contents and choose Add Semantics and check Table of Contents.
Then open the Content.opf file and look close to the bottom of the file and you will see the guide entry.
When the EPUB file is processed by Kindle Previewer, it will know where the Table of Contents is.
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote