Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Get Books - Feature Request - Save Searches

Hi:

I was wondering if it would be possible to consider adding to the get ebooks feature the possibility to add a saved search feature, in order to bring up old search criteria or if possible a way to save previous search terms in a drop-down menu as is available in the main portion of Calibre?

This seems like a powerful addition to the program and I would love to be able to come back to searches at future times.

Thanks

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I'll see about adding it for 0.8.2.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
thanks
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Added. Last 10 searches are saved. If you select a search it is moved to the top of the history. History is via a drop down menu that is part of the search text entry.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
user_none, was it you that developed the new "Get Books"? If so, I just want to say what a fantastic feature it is. I am really stingy with my $ so being able to search for the cheapest book saves me time and money.

Even though I am in New Zealand, the main retailers I use are all there.

Can you answer one thing for me? When the search result brings back kobo books, it shows the price in New Zealand dollars. How does it know to do this? Most other prices are USD or GBP. I have an account with kobo and I am usually logged in when calibre is going. This is not a complaint, I think its a great feature as it saves me doing the calcs. I'm just interested in how it does it!

Thanks
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
user_none, was it you that developed the new "Get Books"?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Can you answer one thing for me? When the search result brings back kobo books, it shows the price in New Zealand dollars. How does it know to do this?
This is all Kobos doing. Most likely they're detecting that you're in New Zealand using [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolocation]geolocation[/quote] via you're IP address. My understanding of Kobo is if you were in Canada they would show you the price in CAD too.