Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #691
apacheman
apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4Android
Hi there.
Thanks for the great ebook reader.
After checking various Android bookreaders to read epub books with localized text, CoolReader is the best book reader which supports embedded font in epub.
Only problem is Android's lacking support for displaying Indic (Indian) Language, which is still bugging to latest ICS version, due to which Indic text are rendered poorly.
Is there anyway, text can be displayed independently from system, just like Acrobat Reader displays Pdf books?
apacheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #692
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacheman View Post
Hi there.
Thanks for the great ebook reader.
After checking various Android bookreaders to read epub books with localized text, CoolReader is the best book reader which supports embedded font in epub.
Only problem is Android's lacking support for displaying Indic (Indian) Language, which is still bugging to latest ICS version, due to which Indic text are rendered poorly.
Is there anyway, text can be displayed independently from system, just like Acrobat Reader displays Pdf books?
Is Indic language left-to-right?
Do you have .ttf font with Indic characters support?
Is your book in Unicode (e.g. UTF-8) encoding?

If so, just put .ttf to SD/fonts directory, and choose it in CoolReader's settings.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #693
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
First of all, thanks Buggins for the splendid work.
This is my favourite program for reading.
My question:
Do you think it is possible to implement partial refresh mode for SONY PRS-T1/T2 on CoolReader as AlReader does?
I think CoolReader for Nook has this functionality.
Thanks
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #694
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
A suggestion for epubs: in lvstsheet.cpp LVCssSelectorRule::check try this one:
case cssrt_class: // E.class
#if 0 //[RP]
// todo
{
lString16 val = node->getAttributeValue(attr_class);
val.lowercase();
// if ( val.length() != _value.length() )
// return false;
//CRLog::trace("attr_class: %s %s", LCSTR(val), LCSTR(_value) );
return val == _value;
}
break;
#else
{ // class="one two three"
lString16 val = node->getAttributeValue(attr_class);
val.lowercase();

lString16 first, second;
lString16 splitme = val;
// convert tabs to blanks
lString16 tabulator("\t");
while (splitme.replace( tabulator, cs16(" "))) {

;
}
//while not a single class name
while (splitme.split2(cs16(" "), first, second)) {

// if the are multiple blanks between class names
second.trim(); // trims spaces at beginning and end of string
if (first == _value || second == _value) // equals one of the parts
return true;
else
splitme = second; // see if the second part can be split
}
// if cannot be split or does not match any part
return val == _value;
}
break;
#endif
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #695
BetaParker
BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: helpful
Smile

Bookmarks
Text search
Hyphenation dictionaries
Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes
Additional fonts support (.ttf)
Can read books from zip archives
Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS
BetaParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #696
apacheman
apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apacheman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Is Indic language left-to-right?
Do you have .ttf font with Indic characters support?
Is your book in Unicode (e.g. UTF-8) encoding?

If so, just put .ttf to SD/fonts directory, and choose it in CoolReader's settings.
Thank you for Reply. Yes, Indic language is left-to-right. And I had embedded the font in epub through sigil. and its unicode encoded. I have enabled Document embedded fonts in CSS section of options in CoolReader. The font is displayed in book correctly. Problem is android is not displaying proper text rendering. half letter are not displayed correctly. Even in ICS ver 4.
The problem is discussed here:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=17011
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12981
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #697
apacheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
A suggestion for epubs: in lvstsheet.cpp LVCssSelectorRule::check try this one:

#endif
Thank you for the reply. Will this solve the issue of character rendering? Where should I put this code. As I'm not coder myself, pls bear my ignorance.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 AM   #698
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Sorry, no. I posted this snippet in the hope that Buggins, the brain behind CoolReader might get motivated to fix a CSS bug (multiple classes definition).
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #699
kotc
kotc began at the beginning.

Device: KYOBO eReader
hi, anyone knows if it's only me that coolreader doesn't open book when called from filemanager etc. ?

i've posted a bugreport for it just in case:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...84&atid=936756
kotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #700
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotc View Post
hi, anyone knows if it's only me that coolreader doesn't open book when called from filemanager etc. ?

i've posted a bugreport for it just in case:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?fun...84&atid=936756
I came accross that this morning, so you're not the only one. I thought it was the book fault until I tried several of them. Hopefully it will bev resolved soon.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:26 AM   #701
Clive_
Clive_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Cool Reader TTS Going Backwards

Hello,

My first post. Sorry if I've messed up!

First of all I must say I like Cool Reader very much as it has the Text to Speech function.
I have version 3.1.1.4.apk. downloaded from Getjar I think it was, on my Kindle Fire HD.

The problem I'm having is that the TTS is going backwards! it gets to the bottom of the page and instead of going to the next page up, it goes to the next page down.
I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Clive_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #702
jozicka
Connoisseur
jozicka doesn't litterjozicka doesn't litter

Device: notebook
adding new language

HI,

Cool reader is really great software, I want to setup it for my Grandma for reading.

please is there a way to add to interface also Czech language, and Czech hyphen dictionary?

I can see, that in windows version Czech is already there. There are some guides on net how to add it manually using APK tool. I tried it, but it is not working for me on new versions (it worked only for Cool_Reader_v3.0.51-20, but this version does not have search book option.)

I can prepare the values-cs strings, and Czech_hyphen_(Alan) can be use from windows version.
jozicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #703
halffast
halffast began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7, atrix 4g, PC
I use coolreader on 3 devices, Nexus 7, Atrix 4g and pc. When using the android devices I can see the % of book read and easily find where I left off when switching between them, however when using PC I have to search or browse to find my place. Is there a easier way to find where I've left off when switching between PC and android?
halffast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #704
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
A new version is out at sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...er3/cr3-3.1.2/

you can finds whats new from here
http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...gine;a=summary
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #705
ianc
ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ianc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Hi folks,

I'll start off by admitting I haven't read all 47 pages of this thread, but I love Coolreader and have been using it for some months.

One thing which I'm wondering if it's possible to do however: I use almost exclusively epubs, and epubs can have a book summary embedded in the metadata. I'm wondering if it's possible to view this book summary somewhere within Coolreader?

I have over a hundred books on my phone, and I must admit that I've forgotten the specifics of what some of them are about, so the ability to review this metadata when I'm browsing through the library to select a new book would be very helpful. I've tried long-pressing on the book in the list view, but don't get the option there.

Any way? Thanks for the help,

ianc
ianc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader