Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Buying on Amazon and reading on Odyssey

Hi,

Sorry if my question may look silly and/or candid, but I wish to prevent any mishap!

So I would like to buy "Kane and Abel" by Jeffrey Archer in English, and so far, the cheapest looks to be on Amazon.com.

I am just worrying about the impact of DRM, which I am not familiar to. I have an account with Amazon, I have Adobe Digital Editions (unused yet) and an account (unused), I have Calibre of course for the conversion to ePub, but I am not sure on how to proceed starting from the purchase on Amazon.com.

Let say that I want to stick to legal, so I would like to enjoy the book on my Odyssey with its DRM. How do I do it? I have found no recent article (i.e. > 2010) on the Internet.

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks!

Vincent
Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourvin View Post
Let say that I want to stick to legal, so I would like to enjoy the book on my Odyssey with its DRM. How do I do it? I have found no recent article (i.e. > 2010) on the Internet.
You can't read the book, if acquired from Amazon, on your Odyssey with the DRM intact.

In order to convert a DRM'd Kindle book to ePub the DRM has to be removed.
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Thanks Brian, so let us suppose I want to get rid of the DRM.

So to summarize, if I install a DRM remover as a Calibre plugin:
- I buy the book on Amazon
- I get the .azw3 file on my PC
- I load it into Calibre (which, as far as I understand, will remove automatically the DRM upon loading)
- I convert the file to ePub
- (I send it to Odyssey)

And that's it?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We cannot discuss the procedure and/or steps for removing DRM.

However, you may wish to Google someone named Alf.

This thread is now closed.

Don
(moderator)
Closed Thread