Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
pimpoum
Enthusiast
pimpoum began at the beginning.

Device: none
bookmarks in PDF input, and TOC in output

Hi all,

I'm sure someone have had this problem before but I can't find a post on it, and I just don't understand how calibre works...

THe problem:

I have a kindle DX, and I want to convert my OCR'ed & Bookmarked PDF files into PRC/MOBI files to read on my kindle.

Moreover, I'd like the bookmarks in my PDF to show as a TOC in my PRC/MOBI, just as they used to do on my PRS505 when I converted them into LRF...

Can anyone help?

Thanks guys
pimpoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
There is no support for pdf bookmarks to be analyzed during conversion, and I haven't heard of anyone planning to do so. Many common types of Chapter Headers are automatically detected during pdf conversion. What do your chapter headers look like?
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
pimpoum
Enthusiast
pimpoum began at the beginning.

Device: none
(thanks for replying)

hmm..I see..

I'm not sure what you're asking...I guess they are in "bold". But if you're asking the html tag I just don't have a clue...How can I know?
pimpoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Hmm.. I'm asking what the actual text headings are. But if they're in bold you can probably write an xpath for it. I had a similar book, and I used this xpath (under the structure detection preferences):

Code:
//*[((name()='b' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\w{2,}', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']
That will look for any bolded text with two or more word characters and mark it as a chapter. (most of the alternate tests aren't needed, I just modified the defaults slightly)

Alternatively you can post your book over on the bug tracker - bugs.calibre-ebook.com. I've been working on some new Chapter markup/splitting routines for pdf conversion, I can use your book as a test case, since it doesn't seem to work with the current functionality.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote