Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
MP3 file to kindle 2

This might be less of a problem if there was an SD card. My ZEN has been persnickety of late. When I saw the ability to add MP3 files to listen to music while you read, I thought I would be able to finish up a book I have on my Kindle instead. It says to load it into a music folder on the kindle. I transferred the files using my USB, it went somewhere (likted as Kindle P drive in my case). The instructions say to play it depress: the alt key and the space bar, I tried, one a at a time, then simultaneously, the home page only lists my 2 books from Amazon, dictionary, welcome letter. Has anyone transferred an mp3?
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Yep, transferred by dragging mp3 files directly to music folder on Kindles drive (F on my computer when plugged in). No problems.

Two ways to listen to music:
To listen to music go to Home page then to Experimental page from the menu button, then scroll down to Play MP3.
But the Alt key and Space bar do work when you are "reading" in a book. I just tried it and works fine. Also pressing Shift button and Sym button will turn off the music when you are in book reading.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Plumfan

okay! sorta working, cannot change between the 3 files using the f button. It accidentally sent in 2,3 then 1. I just have to fiddle with it, from the music folder. Thanks so much!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
On the Kindle 2, MP3 files play in the order they were added to the Kindle. The Alt/f is to skip to the next track. On the Kindle 1, the songs played in random order.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
Plumfan

That is a great improvement, then. I have been unable to get it to skip, but there is an understandable delay in the functions, since it is not an mp3 player. I consider the audio a little bonus from "Uncle Jeff's" team, anyway.
Advert