Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #76
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I would love to get one if I could find one cheap enough. I can't justify the price of the ones I have seen.
Mine was a selfish indulgence, $25.00.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #77
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Mine was a selfish indulgence, $25.00.

Having a Qi charger for the N 7.2 is worth every cent they cost, I can not express my full thoughts on these chargers, The big thing is no wear and tear on the usb port, because every time you use it there is wear and in time the connection will get flaky that is the major weakness on my original N7. Which has now been retired as a backup and its use in life is being in my car as a gps navigational device. that also can play my music to my car sound system.

Qi charging is wonderful...
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #78
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am looking forward to receiving my wireless charger for my Nexus 7.2. But I got the one that is also a docking station.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #79
jswinden
Nameless Being

So do these Qi units work with the Nexus 7.2 when it has another manufacturer's case installed? I realize the docking station probably won't, but what about the flat models? In theory it should as they use magnetic currents to complete the circuit, like two coils in a transformer, but just curious if they work well with a case installed.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #80
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
So do these Qi units work with the Nexus 7.2 when it has another manufacturer's case installed? I realize the docking station probably won't, but what about the flat models? In theory it should as they use magnetic currents to complete the circuit, like two coils in a transformer, but just curious if they work well with a case installed.
It should work, but might be a tad slower than without a case.

This is an interesting kit: Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #81
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I use a moko case and no problem charging through it. I use this one

Works fine with my case on.

Edit: the charger in the amazon link is shown as yellow, the one they shipped is black and works great. Tho care is needed to center it properly tho the nexus will chime out when it is happy and connected.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-18-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #82
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
From what I have read it will not work, when the nexus as a case on it.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #83
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
From what I have read it will not work, when the nexus as a case on it.
Reading and real life use are two different colors of a cat...

I use this case

And my charger works with out removing it..

Not to disparage any cats in the world..

In many ways methinks they are smarter than us.. or just do not give a hoot!

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-18-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #84
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The efficiency will fall off with the inverse square of the distance between the device and the charger, so a case of any significant thickness will probably noticeably increase the charge time.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #85
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I would say with just reading 4 hours a day on it and checking for app updates and surfing the net I get a 3 day charge. In standby it uses hardly any battery at all with WiFi off. I have gone over a week on a single charge when it was just sitting there not being used. Your main battery drains are movies and games. I do leave WiFi off most of the time specially when reading. I use a WiFi toggle app that lets me turn WiFi on or off at all in a single touch.
Wow that's amazing battery life. Mine is not nearly that good, but I keep wi-fi on, for no particular reason either, so kinda silly of me not to think to turn it off. Mine drains a fair bit overnight not even using it. I'm going to turn wi-fi off and see how much it improves. Did you make any changes- such as turning off apps so they aren't running in the background?

I do have a fair bit of games on mine which (annoyingly) update constantly it seems. I did recently turn off auto update, but it didn't seem to help the battery life really.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #86
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Wow that's amazing battery life. Mine is not nearly that good, but I keep wi-fi on, for no particular reason either, so kinda silly of me not to think to turn it off. Mine drains a fair bit overnight not even using it. I'm going to turn wi-fi off and see how much it improves. Did you make any changes- such as turning off apps so they aren't running in the background?

I do have a fair bit of games on mine which (annoyingly) update constantly it seems. I did recently turn off auto update, but it didn't seem to help the battery life really.
I find KitKat does well in closing apps properly unlike Gingerbread but I don't have any games installed. Turning off WiFi will help alot on battery life.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #87
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
WiFi will be the biggest power drain when you're not actively using the device. You should find a significant increase in battery life by turning it off.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #88
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks Blossom and Harry. I'm keeping wi-fi off now. I'll see how it goes!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #89
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The efficiency will fall off with the inverse square of the distance between the device and the charger, so a case of any significant thickness will probably noticeably increase the charge time.
Yes and it is also amazing the same formal works in so many ways. Double the size of the pipe and get 4 times the volume. As in telescopes the same double the size of the mirror you get 4 times the light increase.

Quote:

I do turn off the irritating apps that self start and run tho they are not needed and or wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
WiFi will be the biggest power drain when you're not actively using the device. You should find a significant increase in battery life by turning it off.
Yes, tho the time between charges is amazing compared to my original nexus 7.

I keep my wifi on all the time, so when I am on my property or visiting neighbors I am connected for the good and the bad...

Have got to the point ignoring stuff is a way of life.. But being aware is always on.

I keep everything that eats power that I do not want to run off. It does take checking on running apps to make sure nothing is running that should not be.

Still, compared to the original nexus 7 , it is almost like light years..

I have bought two 2013 units, the first had a bad habit of rebooting, Payed for the insurance at the time , and made sure that one would never be reissued,

The 32 gig replacement has been a dream... No self reboot and still sips from the battery compared to the original.

Go Qi you will never regret it..

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #90
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:

I notice mine does that too, even with WiFi off. I mostly use mine with my Canon DSLR camera during photo shoots of the night sky. Thus I don't use it much this time of year and keep WiFi off. It will drain down to the red line in about two weeks if I forget to actually shut it down completely, and I usually do forget. I have a case that turns off the screen when I close it, but I guess that is just putting it into sleep mode.