Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Just brought home my first tablet: Now what?

Hi all, I just opened my new tablet and it's plugged into my Mac Mini right now. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Nothing popped up on my Mac when I plugged it in. What do I need to do to interface with the device? I just want to use the device for reading PDF files. Is it a decent unit?

Here are the specs:

CPU: ARM cortex A20 dual core 1.2ghz processor

RAM: DDR3 1GB (3D Accelerator possible for 4D games)

Display: 10.1" TFT 1024x600 capacitive touch panel

USB Port/Audio Port/Micro SD card

I just noticed that Android is up to version 4.4, is it worth it for me to upgrade? This is my first tablet and my first Android device as well.

Please help me!

Edit:

Battery: 3.7V Li-Polymer 6000mAh

How long will the battery last in terms of its entire lifetime? A year or longer?

Last edited by EbookNovice; 02-25-2014 at 06:43 AM.
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You've been an MR member more than long enough to know how to post questions in the correct forum. Moved to the Android forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

How do I know if I'm installing apps that are safe and virus free? I saw something about 3rd party apps. I don't want to install anything that's not approved by Google.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Open the google play store on the tablet then search for the app that you wish to use.
But you have to make sure first that you tablet is connected by wifi to the internet. You should at least have a manual on the tablet, or search for the manual on google, It will tell you how to get a google account and get you started.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
What brand of tablet is it?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Open the google play store on the tablet then search for the app that you wish to use.
But you have to make sure first that you tablet is connected by wifi to the internet. You should at least have a manual on the tablet, or search for the manual on google, It will tell you how to get a google account and get you started.
For some reason I don't have Google Play on my Android tablet. How can I get it working?

Why don't I have Google Play? I've got something called 1mobilemarket. What is this?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
What brand of android tablet do you have. And I have never heard of 1mobilemarket. Sounds like you have a tablet that is not a fully google android device.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #8
EbookNovice
Banned

I believe this is it here: http://market.1mobile.com/
Old 02-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
EbookNovice
Banned

Does anyone know the limitations of my Android tablet?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You haven't answered the question that's now been asked several times. What make and model number is your tablet?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
Does anyone know the limitations of my Android tablet?
It probably wouldn't be very good as an emergency life raft.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No play store? You might have a bonafide hunk-a-junk on your hands.

If it has no play store, it hasn't been approved by Google to run it. IIRC.

Last edited by booklover6; 02-25-2014 at 12:30 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #13
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You haven't answered the question that's now been asked several times. What make and model number is your tablet?
It just says it's a Unisurf 16GB 10" screen...
Old 02-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Here, let me Google that for you.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #15
EbookNovice
Banned

Wow, thanks! Does anyone know how I can buy apps without needing to have Google Play installed?