Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
daroga
Enthusiast
daroga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
When can we expect to see real Kindle 3 reviews?

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows if Amazon ships review units to places early or if real, hands-on reviews will have to wait until after the 27th because everyone would get it at the same time. Hadn't watched the launch of the other Kindles, so just wondering if we could expect to see some new stuff (impressions, reviews) online this coming week or have to wait till even the "real people" get theirs shipped.
daroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I guarantee you are going to see a review of the K3 within 32 seconds of the first member to get one and tons of pictures.
Amazon made a big dead with the Kindle 1 but nothing for the DX, K2, or the DX graphite...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Watch the Wall Street Journal and the tech mags for reviews next week.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
tommyr
Just add water!
tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi all, I'm new here today. Well mine is supposed to ship on the 27th and I chose 2 day delivery. Can't wait, it's my first ereader!
tommyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I guarantee you are going to see a review of the K3 within 32 seconds of the first member to get one and tons of pictures.
Amazon made a big dead with the Kindle 1 but nothing for the DX, K2, or the DX graphite...
There was a lot of press for K2. The reveal press conference in N.Y. with lots of live blogging. Stephen King's Pink Kindle and a short story based on it (UR).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

As I recall, after the K3s were announced there were some here on MR who came forward to say they had gotten the chance to play with one, though briefly. You might search the forums. I think the group that got to see the advanced units were in England and members of a Kindle Facebook group.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
AndrewLB
Senior Wrangler
AndrewLB began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, want Kindle 3
Search on google as well, I think the Christian Science Monitor had a "collection article" of reviews from those who'd had a chance to play with one.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Joined the forum specifically for this discussion I'm in a HUGE debate between the K3 and an 'old' Nook. I'm an Android developer, and having a hackable Nook that I can run gReader (A google reader app) on is something I really like the idea of. Since you have to find a specific older model Nook that are quickly vanishing, I picked one up today that I don't plan on opening yet. Hopefully, before 14 days go by someone will post a K3 review (video preferably) with:

Plleeeassee someone do this ASAP. I'd hate to make my decision simply because it wasn't in peoples hands yet.

Thanks!
B.
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
PC Mag had this brief hands-on review of the new Kindle on the announcement day. It doesn't sound like they had much time with it, but they liked what they saw.

I also expect that you'll see some more in-depth hands-on reviews this coming week. Walt Mossberg will probably do one in his Thursday Tech column in the WSJ.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I bet David Pogue from the New York Times will get one. I like his style. A bit cheezy at times, but he answers the questions I would have had.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #11
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

The folks at Engadget and Gizmodo will probably find some way to get their hands on one too.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 AM   #12
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast

Well, here they are:

CNET

PCMag

PCWorld
Old 08-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #13
901hw
Connoisseur
901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is

Device: Trekstor Pyrus Mini, PB Touch Lux 2, Onxy Boox C67ML (maybe))
heres a very recent one. He apparently had the chance to have it for a few days.
http://ireaderreview.com/
901hw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...64#post1070864

Here ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
Well, here they are:

CNET

PCMag

PCWorld
Thanks!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote