Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
tnbagwell
tnbagwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Author Sorting issue w/Sony 505

In Calibre, I have the metadata set up the way I like it. It displays the author by first name and then last name, but sorts by last name. However, when I export the books to the Sony 505, it only sorts by first name.

Is there any way to address this, or do I need to go back into Calibre and manually change every book to display last name, first name?

Thanks,
Tom
tnbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what format are these books in?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
tnbagwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
what format are these books in?
I always convert them to LRF before I send them to the reader.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah well the sony firmware has a bug that causes it to ignore the author sort setting in LRF files, so yeah you would have to change your authors in calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
tnbagwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah well the sony firmware has a bug that causes it to ignore the author sort setting in LRF files, so yeah you would have to change your authors in calibre.
Ah. Firmware. That means no update to fix it. Rats.

The frustrating thing is that I had noticed this initially, and had input all the authors in reverse order. Later, I got more familiar with editing the metatags and figured I had done it incorrectly the first time. So I changed them all. Now I get to change them all back. Sigh.

Thanks for the explanation. I was sure I was doing something wrong.
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbagwell View Post
Ah. Firmware. That means no update to fix it. Rats.

The frustrating thing is that I had noticed this initially, and had input all the authors in reverse order. Later, I got more familiar with editing the metatags and figured I had done it incorrectly the first time. So I changed them all. Now I get to change them all back. Sigh.

Thanks for the explanation. I was sure I was doing something wrong.
All my books are in epub and the Books by Author sort the same way as yours do.

I also use PRS+ which allows you to browse by folder. The newest version of this upgrade (1.02) has an amazingly easy install. Using the browse by folders allows me to go to ///database/media/books/ this folder shows me all of the authors sorted by last name. See attached for example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-3-9.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	47579  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote