Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 06-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Hornico,

If you need the cable you can also use the Rio 500 Cable. I bought two spares on ebay for 7.99 a piece. It's up for sale again, the item# 330116755612. I also see the Hiebook on auction. Still haven't decided if I want another or not.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:15 AM   #17
godspeed
godspeed began at the beginning.

Device: GEB210/Hiebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by honico View Post
Thanks, James for the link; am supposing you're "j27lee' on ebay-canada? Only just now made the connection of my early bid for your 210-reader, Canada, and such.

honico
//
Yep, that's me! Thought I'd throw one up there to see what kind of interest it garnered...

cheers!

James
godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 AM   #18
honico
Hiebook nerdo
honico began at the beginning.

Device: Hiebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by godspeed View Post
Hi Honico, I've got some of everything. About 8 or so new devices, lots of chargers, USB cables, not too many batteries...snip...

James
James,
I've replied by email...somehow we missed. Check your spam filter. Otherwise, yes, I'm interested in boards & displays primarily. The boards don't have to work. I can get the batteries by way of a Motorola OEM battery for $7...so, really, just looking for the internal hardware. Watch for mail from honico -at h0tmail dot com.
I've taken in units from all over the world; most problems are small and, I've found that there's no money to be made in patching these up. The patching and modifying is my interest...so really, I'd like to keep the parts available; which means affordable. Mail me $ details for what you have....

honico
//
honico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Honico, James,
Maybe some of you have spare screen? - want to replace a cracked one on my hiebook. Awaiting PM or email. Thanks.

Stas.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #20
satcom123
Hiereader
satcom123 began at the beginning.

Hi Honico. Long time no post. This is George. I had e-mailed you about my Hiebook unit that would not connect to my computer. Much has been going on within my life that with a new house and kid's school and such, It has been a problem with connecting with you. Long story short. I am still interested in sending you my unit for upgrading and such with the Bible and such we talked about. This posting is just to reastablish contact with you. I will need your e-mail again so we can discuss the particulars please. I hope your Christmas and New years was wonderful.
truelove45@aol.com

George Thomas
satcom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #21
honico
Hiebook nerdo

Hiebook repair, upgrades etc.

Hello George,

Feel free to drop a line or two -we can work out mailing-addresses and such then. Use honico at h otmail . com or Skype honico_calling. Udderwise, be glad to go through your unit; and, if you send it w/ a 64MB or larger card, I can populate it w/ all the original content for the Godspeed version. Was yours Godspeed or Hiebook, and, which do you want burned? The book collection has pretty much gone exothermic; was 4.4Gb (rev 2G)...now at 38GB and 7-beta. I'll need about 2 years to scan for dupes and fluff, this will trim it back to prolly closer 32GB. We can chit-chat about that later...

Cheers!

//
Old 05-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #22
martine
Tina
martine began at the beginning.

Device: hibook, palm, sony
Hiebook Reader

Since I am a book publisher and offer the Hiebook format , I would be interested to learn how many people still use the hiebook reader. Also, where there is a reliable site to download the reader as the last site I listed for readers to download the Hiebook reader, is now a broken link.
martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
kevin whipps
kevin whipps began at the beginning.

Device: GodSpeed
Hello Everyone, Can anyone advise me where I could get a copy of the necessary Vista USB drivers so I can 'synch' my Godspeed (version 3.2.0 build 14) to my laptop?
Thank you.
Kevin
kevin whipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:29 AM   #24
honico
Hiebook nerdo

Hello Kevin,
Drivers for the Hiebook 3.2.0.x and Godspeed 3.5.0.x were only win32 compatible through XP. I've tried running the installer in compatibility mode -but the driver still wouldn't work. Given it was someone else's Home-vista premium on their laptop, and I was a Vista novice, I didn't get too aggressive. Vista "ain't my thang" -and will never be.

I've seen other USB drivers (for win32 thru xp) be set to compatibility mode and work i.e. a USB rocket launcher for example. So, one may be able to actually do it correctly--as I probebly didn't--without a lot of fuss. At least, you have a place to start: Compatibility Mode.

Cheers!

honico
//
Old 05-31-2008, 02:33 AM   #25
Paschal
Paschal began at the beginning.

Honico-

Do you know where I can find a Hiebook? I loved mine so much but of course I cracked the screen. I got a sony reader and just hated it..Do hiebooks come up on ebay? I've checked and searched through google and can't find one at all.

If you have any information that would be great..

Thanks
Paschal
Paschal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #26
honico
Hiebook nerdo

Keep looking...

Hello Paschel,

The Hiebooks sometimes come up on eBay; also search for the Godspeed version using "Godspeed ebook" (without quotes). Also, save these as favorite searches so you'll be alerted when one *does* come up. It's just a matter of time. If a "dead" one comes up, buy it anyway; odds are pretty good the screen isn't the problem, but something else. This way, you can mix-n-match top get your unit running again.

Best wishes

honico
//