Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
IMFletch
IMFletch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Export ISBN numbers for import to Google books

Is it even possible to do this? Could be in any number of formats - txt, csv, xls, etc. Just something I can use to paste in all the ISBN numbers at Google Books. Look forward to responses. Thanks.
IMFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the documentation of the calibredb command
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
IMFletch

Can you dumb it down? I read the section you suggested, but I can't seem to find the right command to export ISBN's to one file (or even all metadata to one file). Not sure if I just can't figure it out or if it's not an option. Not a lot of experience with command line stuff.

Last edited by IMFletch; 01-01-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
calibredb list --fields publisher,series_index,formats,isbn,uuid,pubdate,rating,series,timestamp,author_sort,cover,comments,authors,title,tags,size --separator , > library.csv
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
If you want only the ISBN numbers:

Code:
calibredb list --fields isbn --separator , > library.csv
You actually get the Calibre database entry number, too, along with the ISBN number, each in their own column. It'll be in a file called library.csv in whatever folder you're in when you run it. (Where you are is listed on the command-line, in front of where you type the commands. Usually.)

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
IMFletch

Kovidgoyal and rogue_ronin, thanks so much for the help. You dumbed it up just enough so i could make some use of it.

Also, Kovidgoyal - great work on Calibre. Just found it a few days ago and am getting my ebooks organized and making some sense out of what was previously a mess. Why Amazon or [insert ereader parent company here] buy you out or hire you to do this on a larger scale is beyond me. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:49 AM   #7
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exort list of ISBN from CALIBRE for LibraryThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Code:
calibredb list --fields publisher,series_index,formats,isbn,uuid,pubdate,rating,series,timestamp,author_sort,cover,comments,authors,title,tags,size --separator , > library.csv
Hi, when I try the command above it runs smoothly but creates an empty file.
From where (directory) do I have to issue that command?
Best, Adrian
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #8
adrian142

P.S. The command I use looks like this:
C:\Users\adria>calibredb list --fields isbn --library-path=E:\adrian.vogler@outlook.com\OneDrive\Bücher\ Calibre > e:\library.csv
The created file is empty.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:52 AM   #9
adrian142

P.P.S. There is no " " in the library-path.
--library-path=E:\adrian.vogler@outlook.com\OneDrive\Bücher\ Calibre
In there is a folder _CALIBRE which contains a file called "metadata", so I assume that is the correct path.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@adrian142 - it could be a conflict with OneDrive.

See ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

In this context cloud storage services are a network drive.

Either pause OneDrive before starting calibre components and resume it when you're done. Or use a stand alone folder and file synchronisation tool to update a copy of library on OneDrive from a local copy at a convenient time - WikiP has a long list of such tools.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:06 AM   #11
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian142 View Post
P.S. The command I use looks like this:
C:\Users\adria>calibredb list --fields isbn --library-path=E:\adrian.vogler@outlook.com\OneDrive\Bücher\ Calibre > e:\library.csv
The created file is empty.
Add "=" after field and separator and you are fine.

Remarks:
Be careful with the separator. E.g "," can be a part of a field value like title. Same for special characters like "ÄäÜüÖö" in path statements as this is quite often the beginning of adversity. You need to check if this will work for your needs. I saw, there was a space in your example "...\ Calibre"

Sample:
Code:
calibredb list --fields=isbn --separator=";" --with-library="E:\Your path\to\the\Library\Calibre Library" >library.csv
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote