Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #226
thomas01155
Enthusiast
thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpos View Post
Got mine for 2 days now. Everything seems to work fine.
But can't get the SD Card(sdhc 16 GB) out of the card slot. Or ist there a trick?
While testing the SD-Card the device froze 1 time, because I tried to get the card out while it was in use.
I had to use a pair of tweezers to get the card out.

Don't get me wrong the sd-card works fine, just want to get it out sometimes.
On the M91S you push it further in and it pings out, you need a bit of nail or something else to push it in. Not sure if its the same on the M92
thomas01155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #227
logrus
logrus began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hi,
I've bought the Boox m92 through ereader-store.de, received device today and I have really serious problem with it. While it seems to work flawlessly when it's on (I've checked the basic features - browsing epub,pdfs,connecting to pc, no crashes/freexes), but the process of switching device on is a disaster! Before it's on I have to do a hard reset a few times by pressing the hole in the back. In most cases it does not respond at all to pressing the power button (yes, I keep it pressed for a few seconds!) or it displays the boot screen (image with two books and e-reader), but the progress bar does not show up.
I'm really annoyed with this issue, and from my point of view its unacceptable to have a 15% chance to switch the reader normally by pressing the power button. Anyone had the same problem? Is it general issue or something is wrong with my particular device and I should immediately send it back?

Last edited by logrus; 12-28-2011 at 10:18 AM.
logrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #228
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Hi guys ..
I have received mine today.. I play with it for bit and I can say that I am happy with it. I tried several files and all were ok. Reading Arabic EUB were only possible after changing the default viewer.
however, I noticed that reading The Economist is not really comfortable on the device...you need to zoom many times to read columns article.. moreover, the device built looks sensitive, so I think you need to be careful with it if you kids around !

apart from this, I am happy with my purchase and I would recommend it to friends

BTW, can anyone tell me where to type the website address in the browser? I could not find it.
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #229
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
Highlights

Hello,

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone here for the efforts to share information, and especially JBaach for his marvelous job, indeed!

I have some questions regarding highlights in PDFs, especially to owners of M92, but I'm also interested in the behaviour on other devices:

1. Is it possible to keep the highlights visible when a PDF is sent to a computer?
    Edit: I guess I discovered that this feature is not supported in M92 by reading another thread. Could you confirm?¹
  2. If yes, do highlights look as if they were made inside a common PDF application (i.e., yellow overlay)?
  3. How do highlights look when they are made on a computer and then sent to the e-reader?
  4. I see in the video that highlights with M92 are dark with light letters (inversion of colours). Is it possible to change their look for a light background, like on the majority of other e-readers?
Thank you very much for your insights!
Thierry

Last edited by Thierry.C; 12-28-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #230
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Hi,
but the process of switching device on is a disaster! Before it's on I have to do a hard reset a few times by pressing the hole in the back. In most cases it does not respond at all to pressing the power button (yes, I keep it pressed for a few seconds!) or it displays the boot screen (image with two books and e-reader), but the progress bar does not show up.
This is exactly what I hate about my M90. I have to plug it in while resetting, or it never turns on.

You didn't mention if you are trying to turn it on, or wake it from sleep. I took someone's suggestion on another thread to actually turn the thing off when I'm done using it, and my M90 is behaving much better now.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #231
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Hello:
I have just received mine today. From Germany to Spain in four days. Great, but I have a question for Booxtor.

Where can I find an user manual for the m92?. It is not inside the box (only a quick start guide) and there is not in the internal memory of the device. I have been looking at onyx site, and only can find M90 and M91s manuals...

Thanks
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #232
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Where can I find an user manual for the m92?.
I can't find it either. Maybe it's not written until yet

BTW: I made a picture of my new Boox M92
Onyx Boox M92
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #233
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.a.k View Post
BTW, can anyone tell me where to type the website address in the browser? I could not find it.
Down right there is a globe symbol. When you click on it, you can type in the URL.
You can add a webiste as bookmark and then you'll see the entry under "Web Sites" alongside Onyx and Wikipedia.

Last edited by Backi; 12-28-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #234
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Hello:
I have just received mine today. From Germany to Spain in four days. Great, but I have a question for Booxtor.

Where can I find an user manual for the m92?. It is not inside the box (only a quick start guide) and there is not in the internal memory of the device. I have been looking at onyx site, and only can find M90 and M91s manuals...

Thanks
Hi,

I just got it
ONYX BOOX M92 USER MAUNAL

Happy New Year!
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #235
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I just got it

Happy New Year!
Thanks! Weird that it states the guide is pre-installed. Also funny that on page 25 the images are in color.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #236
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I just got it

Happy New Year!
this is funy, see the Pictures section, the pictures are shown colour pictures while the reader is e-Ink in grey scales.
Is that wishful thinking? :-))
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #237
vsh1ft
vsh1ft began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Hi,
I've bought the Boox m92 through ereader-store.de, received device today and I have really serious problem with it. While it seems to work flawlessly when it's on (I've checked the basic features - browsing epub,pdfs,connecting to pc, no crashes/freexes), but the process of switching device on is a disaster! Before it's on I have to do a hard reset a few times by pressing the hole in the back. In most cases it does not respond at all to pressing the power button (yes, I keep it pressed for a few seconds!) or it displays the boot screen (image with two books and e-reader), but the progress bar does not show up.
I'm really annoyed with this issue, and from my point of view its unacceptable to have a 15% chance to switch the reader normally by pressing the power button. Anyone had the same problem? Is it general issue or something is wrong with my particular device and I should immediately send it back?
I have not experienced any similar problems neither switchin it on nor waking it up from sleep. So far, everything seems to work pretty well
vsh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #238
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Overall I am very satisfied with my new M92. So far I found only 2 things that don't work properly:
  • The pen input is not precise and the "stylus calibration" setting is of no help. Near the top edge the imprecision is ~3mm, which is far too much (it's much more precise at the center and not so bad at the bottom)
  • The web browser is (so far) almost completely useless; it is painfully slow and I was not able to load any web page besides wikipedia and onyx homepage. It should have some status bar for showing what it's doing, which page it is trying to load (if any); this way it was just desperate waiting with no result. Once I had to reset the device, as it stopped responding.

I hope these are just software problems that will get solved. What is important: the device is perfect for reading, and besides the browser, it is completely stable and fast. I would perhaps like to have more settings, but it's not very important.

Last edited by psv; 12-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #239
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92 arrived this morning. No issues so far. It's a great device for reading ebooks, as far as I can say. I'm really satisfied atm. The only problems derive from PDFs that were either (a) produced without a professional software (missing/flawed embedded fonts etc.), or (b) had corrupt pages. (The .doc-reader isn't too good, though. Doesn't recognize footnotes.)
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #240
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Thank you Booxtor:

The device works fine. I have found a couple of bugs, but I think there will be improvements in the future.

RAFA
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote