Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
dianekbr
dianekbr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Multiple calendars in PE calendar app

Hi everyone. Is it possible to create multiple calendars using the installed calendar app on the PE? According to the support info still available on the Entourage site, this is how to do it:

"To create multiple calenders:
1. On the tablet screen click the menu button on the side of the device
2. Select 'My Calendars'
3. Click the menu button
4. Select 'Add Calendars'
5. Enter the calendar name and assign a color, then select OK"

I've tried that, but when I first click the menu button from within the calendar app, there is no "My Calendars." Instead, I select "Calendars," which appears to be the proper selection because it lists the one calendar that I set up the first time I opened the calendar app. However, when I click the menu button again on that screen, nothing happensm, and there is no option to "Add Calendars."

I'm using the Ermine update.

Thanks for your help!
dianekbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianekbr View Post
Hi everyone. Is it possible to create multiple calendars using the installed calendar app on the PE? According to the support info still available on the Entourage site, this is how to do it:

"To create multiple calenders:
1. On the tablet screen click the menu button on the side of the device
2. Select 'My Calendars'
3. Click the menu button
4. Select 'Add Calendars'
5. Enter the calendar name and assign a color, then select OK"

I've tried that, but when I first click the menu button from within the calendar app, there is no "My Calendars." Instead, I select "Calendars," which appears to be the proper selection because it lists the one calendar that I set up the first time I opened the calendar app. However, when I click the menu button again on that screen, nothing happensm, and there is no option to "Add Calendars."

I'm using the Ermine update.

Thanks for your help!
I am using multiple calendars. I'm sync'ed with my google calendar and my work's calendar which is based off google (for business).

I also have the local calendar on the PE that doesn't go to the other two accounts.

Works great!
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I think the easiest way to set it up is to go to the Settings, then the Accounts and Sync settings. That's where you set up your various accounts, and tell it what to sync from each account.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
dianekbr
dianekbr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Gary, thanks, but I'm not interested in using Google calendar. I just want to add more local calendars to the PE.

Serena, thanks also, but when I go there and click on add account at the bottom of the screen, a new screen opens with Corporate and Local Calendar listed. I still don't see any way to add an additional Local Calendar (or to rename the Local Calendar, even though I'm pretty sure I named it something different the first time I opened my calendar app).

The instructions I pasted above from the Entourage support page make it sound like I can have more than one local calendar on the device. Does anyone know how to do that? Was that ability lost with the Ermine update?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good calendar app that I can download? I just want a calendar that I can color code for various types of activities (kid #1, kid #2, etc.). It also needs to be able to handle repeating events.

Thanks!
dianekbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianekbr View Post
Gary, thanks, but I'm not interested in using Google calendar. I just want to add more local calendars to the PE.

Serena, thanks also, but when I go there and click on add account at the bottom of the screen, a new screen opens with Corporate and Local Calendar listed. I still don't see any way to add an additional Local Calendar (or to rename the Local Calendar, even though I'm pretty sure I named it something different the first time I opened my calendar app).

The instructions I pasted above from the Entourage support page make it sound like I can have more than one local calendar on the device. Does anyone know how to do that? Was that ability lost with the Ermine update?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good calendar app that I can download? I just want a calendar that I can color code for various types of activities (kid #1, kid #2, etc.). It also needs to be able to handle repeating events.

Thanks!
I cannot find a way to do it on the local calendar. I have 8 calendars at work and they all sync'ed up correctly on the PE.

So one way to do this is to have the calendars on google calendar and create as many calendars as you want and just just use the PE to admin them. Make the local calendar your personal one and all other cals on google calendar.
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert