Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
EPub reader and maps?

I'm using Calibre viewer for the quick check of the ePub and it works ok, but I wonder is there some reader that handles pictures like Mobipocket Reader?

With mobi, if the picture (map) is bigger than the screen area, I can zoom it and pan around - very handy for maps especially.
It would be nice to have ePub reader also with zooming capability.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I'm using Calibre viewer for the quick check of the ePub and it works ok, but I wonder is there some reader that handles pictures like Mobipocket Reader?

With mobi, if the picture (map) is bigger than the screen area, I can zoom it and pan around - very handy for maps especially.
It would be nice to have ePub reader also with zooming capability.
iBooks can zoom on an iPad. What platform do you want it for?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
iBooks can zoom on an iPad. What platform do you want it for?
Windows XP
Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Windows XP
I would try Azardi or perhaps Calibre.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
travger
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would try Azardi or perhaps Calibre.
I am using Calibre, but the big maps are unzoomable. Maybe I have not found the right setting?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am using Calibre, but the big maps are unzoomable. Maybe I have not found the right setting?
I may have been wrong about Calibre, my memory isn't always the best, however Azardi will open a new window to display the map in and it will be full size. The window may need to be scrolled I suppose depending on the screen size and resolution.

Dale
Old 10-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #7
travger
Evangelist

Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime. That's exactly what I want - to quickly check map's quality without extracting it from ePub.
Weird that only one developer gives it a thought.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The calibre viewer can open an image in a separate window and allows zooming there. Right click on the image and select "View image..."
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
travger
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The calibre viewer can open an image in a separate window and allows zooming there. Right click on the image and select "View image..."
Oh! Thanks.