Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #331
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Looks like you are seeing ghosts , Pooh didn't buy anything

The two of you are in it together - that's the sign of a hard core addict.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:11 AM   #332
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
WEEE???? Nah!!!

*looksconspiciouslyoverhershoulder*
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 AM   #333
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
WEEE???? Nah!!!

*looksconspiciouslyoverhershoulder*
I'm sorry you're in denial. You're supposed to reveal EVERYTHING at groups like this. If you hold back then you can't possibly expect to be cured.

I am now totally reformed, a week since I purchased and nearly 48 hours since I downloaded a free book. So this is my last meeting, I don't need you guys any more.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #334
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Phew! You will be back! Begging and crying! Yes, you will, you old brag! There is a higher justice for those who squeal! *swearsheavilyunderherbreath*
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #335
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I think it means that instead of the plain white color of the paper the book has color added to the edge of the pages so it's blue or gold etc. rather than plain white.
weird...but otherwise the condition said "very good". think that's fine? the book is a bit costly, but that's only because it's out of print a long time ago D:
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #336
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
weird...but otherwise the condition said "very good". think that's fine? the book is a bit costly, but that's only because it's out of print a long time ago D:
I think that dyed edges is a superior sort of book, especially if it is gold. Maybe a special edition or something. Not that there is something wrong with it.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:18 AM   #337
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
I think that dyed edges is a superior sort of book, especially if it is gold. Maybe a special edition or something.
alright. guess i'll snatch the copy up, then
Old 06-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #338
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Hope it's good!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #339
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But if it's just an interesting sounding book at a reasonable price that's going to end up on your TBR pile for months or years, it's an addicition purchase. Much better to add it to a wish list. Wait for it to be in a sale or to otherwise be at a bargain price, rather than just a reasonable price.
Usually I use my wish list and that list is very extensive. However, I thought $5.70 was a very good price for a Man Booker winner. But I think I succumbed to the suspicion that it wasn't going to be that price for long - that it was a special.

I probably just should have added it to my wish list anyway and if the price rose to $8 or $9 - oh well.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #340
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Hope it's good!
it's got great reviews on both GR and Amazon, so I'm a little bit excited

Hmm...I just wonder why it is that I never noticed that one of the used books I bought was listed only as "acceptable" until the seller confirmed the order. Weird...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #341
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
But I saw you!

There isn't much hope left for you poohbear I'm afraid. You may need to check in to a residential centre and hand in your ereader at the door.
My ereader will have to be pried out of my cold dead rotting hand! Otherwise it's going with me wherever I go!
[memo to self: find out if Amazon allows zombie accounts]
[memo to self: find out if 3G can work from 6 feet under]

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #342
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Phew! You will be back! Begging and crying! Yes, you will, you old brag! There is a higher justice for those who squeal! *swearsheavilyunderherbreath*
Don't worry Poppaea ..... just sneak up on that little annoying kiwi (she'll never hear a leopard coming! ) and push that little beak into the ground! Then listen to the squawking!

The noise will cover up the click when we buy another ebook!

She's just jealous! Wants to join our "Ebooks Without Guilt" club!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #343
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Don't worry Poppaea ..... just sneak up on that little annoying kiwi (she'll never hear a leopard coming! ) and push that little beak into the ground! Then listen to the squawking!
Whoa, you addicts are dangerous ... I like that!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #344
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Usually I use my wish list and that list is very extensive. However, I thought $5.70 was a very good price for a Man Booker winner. But I think I succumbed to the suspicion that it wasn't going to be that price for long - that it was a special.

I probably just should have added it to my wish list anyway and if the price rose to $8 or $9 - oh well.
The highlighted portion is the main reason I have 180 bought (not free) books that are still unread ... most were in my wishlist and at some point the price was right and I bought before they went back to full price. But I will read them all some day, surely ... ok maybe

Last week was a full year since I got my first Kindle and during that time I've bought 349 books and read 169 ... that's a good ratio, right?

And let's not even talk about the free books
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #345
wyndslash
Wizard

i'm picky on the free books, too. i'm glad i prefer m/m pairings when it comes to romance. it cuts down on ebooks that i feel i "should" get