Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read in the bathroom? (Poll is not public, so voters' can keep their privacy)
Yes I do and I think it's normal 116 85.29%
Yes I do but I find it weird 3 2.21%
No I don't but I think it's normal 7 5.15%
No I don't and I find it weird 10 7.35%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #46
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
I read a sign if it's on the door. It ends there.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #47
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperPearl;
I read in the bathroom all the time - toilet, tub, brushing my teeth, and I bet if I could find a safe way to read while taking a shower, I would do that too. I also will read ingredients and labels if there is nothing else to read.
What a sad lot we are - really
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #48
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
Throne and bath (on the rare occasion I get a chance to), I frequently end up sat in cold water if I get engrossed.

Pro Tip - Leave a towel within arms reach in the tub, means you can wash yourself and dry your hands for more reading!
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #49
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
Throne and bath (on the rare occasion I get a chance to), I frequently end up sat in cold water if I get engrossed.

Pro Tip - Leave a towel within arms reach in the tub, means you can wash yourself and dry your hands for more reading!
learned that years ago! unless of course you have a water absorbent shower curtain
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #50
Claire94
I should be painting
Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 500, Blue 505, 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
It's not that I choose to read in the bathroom, I just don't put my book down unless I have no alternative
Yes, and thus I read in the elevator, at red lights (was that you honking at me??), while waiting for coffee to brew or the microwave to finish. I wish I could find a way to fold laundry and read.....

Addicted Claire
Claire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #51
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire94 View Post
I wish I could find a way to fold laundry and read.....
What I do is prop my 505 where I can see it and turn the page between items.

You can combine reading with most housework. It takes longer but it's a lot more enjoyable. Audio books are the best for washing up though
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #52
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
What I do is prop my 505 where I can see it and turn the page between items.

You can combine reading with most housework. It takes longer but it's a lot more enjoyable. Audio books are the best for washing up though
That would never work for me.

I already have to use MR as a "carrot" to get my housework done. You know.........

"First I clean the kitchen, then I can log in"

"Oops, first the laundry/ironing, THEN MR........"

"No, first make dinner for the husband........THEN MR............"

How do you read and fold at the same time? Do you know what my towels, and 'delicates' would look like?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #53
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
How do you read and fold at the same time? Do you know what my towels, and 'delicates' would look like?
If I couldn't read at the same time I'd probably never do housework

I think the main thing is that I'm not fussy about how long it takes if I'm reading. But I do also listen to audio books and radio dramas if I'm in a hurry, have lots to do or think my book/505 might get wet.

But as I'm writing I have just realised that I could put my reader in its aquapac which I use for the bath/shower and then be able to turn the page whilst doing the washing up
Old 06-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #54
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
But as I'm writing I have just realised that I could put my reader in its aquapac which I use for the bath/shower and then be able to turn the page whilst doing the washing up
I am well pleased with mine (sorry I am really sad but love my Aquapaq):

Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #55
ruth1304
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I am well pleased with mine (sorry I am really sad but love my Aquapaq)
Me too! Didn't realise how much I needed it until I got it.

And I will definitely be trying the washing up thing tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #56
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
I appear to have slipped and accidentally ordered an Aquapaq.....
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #57
ruth1304
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
I appear to have slipped and accidentally ordered an Aquapaq.....
Sorry

But it will mean you get even more use out of your ebook reader!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #58
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
oh, not just yes, but HELL YES. Ya gotta watch out though because you never know when Mr. Hanky will decide to pop back in:

BTW, I am even known to drag the laptop in there when working on something important.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #59
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

My better two-thirds is a horder. The master bathroom is the only place in the house that is clean. That is where I charge my ebooks. Yes, I read there.
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #60
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Yes both in the bath and on the throne. I even got an Aquapaq case for my reader to I don't have to worry about dropping it (in the bath that is)
Absolutely, i read in the bath. I read anywhere I can get a minute or two. The bath tub is a favorite of mine. Taking an idea from a Mobile Reader I use a large zip lock to protect my reader when I'm in the tub.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, poll, reading, weirdness