Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #16
ibdave
ibdave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Did you try what Geertm posted above?

I have done the same as you, I use my Dad's address and even though my credit card is Canadian with my address I just checked the 'Same As Address' box. I didn't even do that to my friends Nooks. I made them a B&N account with their email, but didn't enter an address or credit card. Their Nooks still can log on to wifi and they can browse the B&N Nook store and other websites, but they can't buy books until they add a US address.

Since even they can register their Nooks and use the wifi, I would guess that there might be a problem with yours. Maybe even a hard reset might help. Definitely try the suggestion above.
Yes, tried geertm suggestion with the same result. Since I live close to the border I went back to BN and gave them the nook and said "make it work". Following the identical procedure I used, the staffer told it to register with their store wifi. After a long time, he said this is too long and started to write down my info so that he could call someone. Just when he was telling "well, what we can do....." at the point it would tell me registration failed it suddenly registered, auto downloaded latest softw and worked in store as advertised. I think BN system might have been overloaded with xmas and black friday but gives priorty to BN wifi. So victory!!!

The account needs to be set up as previouly outlined for Cannucks. My advice is make it register in a BN store if possible. I have successfully borrowed a public library ebook. Conclusion - I'm loving the Nook now.

Thanks to forum members for your patient advice.
ibdave is offline   Reply With Quote