Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
That is a lovely ode! I can only hope others will find eReaders as satisfying as you do!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #17
rblover
Connoisseur
rblover began at the beginning.

Device: none as yet
Max - You're bi-polar; aren't you? Either that, or three years old. Each reader was your favorite, and then wasn't, and then was. That is cute, when you are a kid at a candy shop...choosing different items to put in a bag of goodies...and spending all of $6.00 on it. When we don't have a rich sugar daddy, to indulge our every whim, an extra $300.00 here, or $500.00 there, adds up quickly. We can't all afford to be as scatter-brained as you are. Thanks, anyway...for the laughs.
rblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #18
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblover View Post
Max - You're bi-polar; aren't you? Either that, or three years old. Each reader was your favorite, and then wasn't, and then was. That is cute, when you are a kid at a candy shop...choosing different items to put in a bag of goodies...and spending all of $6.00 on it. When we don't have a rich sugar daddy, to indulge our every whim, an extra $300.00 here, or $500.00 there, adds up quickly. We can't all afford to be as scatter-brained as you are. Thanks, anyway...for the laughs.
Wow, that was really rude. I'll chalk it up to you having a bad day. Karma to you in hopes that tomorrow is better.

At least hubby got a good laugh at being called a sugar daddy since he stays at home and I work
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'm loving this thread, firstly because of the humorous writing and stance in life, and because I felt as well like that when I had no reader. I really really got nuts researching, mainly because of prices (mind you, in February this year you couldn't find poop for less than $250). Luckily, right after coming here I was offered a sweet deal and I started using my reader.

Anyway if I were you I'd keep one 5 incher and one 6 incher. I love my Pocketbook so it'd be impossible for me to get rid of it.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
That is a lovely ode! I can only hope others will find eReaders as satisfying as you do!
Thank you

and thank you, too, Logseman

Last edited by maxbookworm; 08-27-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #21
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblover View Post
Not nice. at all. We all here have been in maxbookworm shoes at one time or another, unrelated to the budget question, just wondering about the specs. Read a bit more in this forum, and you will see that. Grow up too btw, and you will appreciate the humour in maxbookworm's description. If not, google the word "irony". No K from me, until you grow up (and clean up your room, what are those old banana peels doing under your bed ? ).

@ maxbookworm: I like my 600 too, it has also grown on me, which is the reason why I never sold it. I like the 360 for its small format, very practical for the handbag. I never liked the 300, which I sold almost immediately (it was not out yet in Germany, so I got my initial investment back). But in the end, I read every evening on my nook ;-), which I adore, and which has kept me from searching the forum for a new one. I am now a faithful lady (HA !).

The K2 will go next week per UPS to my best friend, who has been dreaming of one but does not have the cash right now. With a new super nice M-Edge cover
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Folks,

Please keep this discussion polite. Personal attacks are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Disagree with the viewpoint, but don't attack the person.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

[Moderating Team]
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 AM   #23
Strolls
Enthusiast
Strolls began at the beginning.

Device: None / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
One day, it occurred to me that, with the great pricing we now see on the Sony’s, I could potentially buy a second reader to keep in my purse, while leaving my other reader at home. Basically, I’m lazy (tired of running back upstairs to grab my reader on the way out the door), and I was trying to justify the purchase of a new toy.
I predict that the purchase of a second e-reader will merely alter the logistics of your problem, not actually alleviate it!

You'll still have to take your second reader from your purse to load books on it. Perhaps it's less far to run between the front door and your computer? But still! You're adding the logistics of having to load the same book on two different devices. And then you'll have to find your place manually, because you read further on your other reader, and the bookmark on this one is wrong!

You don't mention any interest in Amazon's Kindle, but it does have this Whispernet which, I believe, is designed to solve these problems. If you're happy buying all your books from Amazon they will just sync wirelessly to both devices, as will your bookmarks.
Strolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #24
maxbookworm
Addict

Hi Strolls,

You're right -- I ended up simplifying back down to a single reader, the PRS-600 (see here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96189)