Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Pumbi
Pumbi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Sorting

Greetings, I am new to calibre and am wondering if someone has a good way to tag or sort books that have been read from those that haven't?
Pumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Welcome to MR!

Right-click on the Tags column, choose Add your own columns. From there, you can use the + button (on the right) or the Add Custom Column bar (across the bottom) to add your column. The resulting dialog box allows you to name and set the type of column. Return from the dialog box to the first dialog. Then save that, close Calibre, and restart. I found that I needed to drag my column title to the location I wanted following the restart, even after re-ordering the list in the first dialog box.

As to what you want to call it and what type of column to choose, others may come along to make suggestions, or you can just play with it yourself to see what works for you.

ALSO: There is a separate Calibre forum here, which has all kinds of helpful tips and guidance. I would encourage you to read through applicable threads.

Last edited by Under the Covers; 10-25-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Pumbi

When you have your problem sorted out, come along and introduce yourself.

Feel free to use the link below, and meet some fellow members.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote