Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
fantasyvn
fantasyvn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does anyone use Copernic Desktop or Mendeley to manage pdf files?

Does anyone use Copernic Desktop or Mendeley to manage pdf files?

I have about 1,500 pdf files and need a software to manage.

I have both of them on my computer, but I don't know whether I should keep them all or only use one.

If you have experience in this matter, could you pls give your advice?
fantasyvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Dr. Gunn
Dr. Gunn began at the beginning.

Device: Something running Android
Hi fantasyn. Mendeley works great for organizing PDFs kinda how itunes does it. I will move and rename files for you, automatically watch folder for new files, and synchronize your documents to the web and in the future to your mobile reader as well. The built in PDF reader and annotator works well, and those annotations also synchronize with the file.

However, Mendeley was designed with academic literature in mind, so the features are focused around academic PDFs such as journal articles and books. If you're looking for something to manage non-literature PDFs, you might find it's more than you need.

Thanks for giving it a try, though, and feel free to get in touch if you need any more help with anything.
Dr. Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert