Notices

Old 09-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
kgian
Enthusiast
kgian began at the beginning.

Device: EBW-1150
Edited:Found The Swarm ebook

Some days ago I asked:
"Hello everybody. I have an EBW 1150 reader. I am looking for an ebook, The Swarm by Frank Schatzing.

I found it on fictionwise (and other sites) but it says that it is available in mobipocket secure format. I believe I can't read this book on my device, right?

I also searched for it in "other ways" but had no luck, found it only in german language.

What can I do to put this book on my device?"

This is what I did:
"Today, half an hour ago, I bought my first mobipocket book. It was The Swarm, by Frank Schatzing.

I bought it for $9.09 from BooksOnBoard.

Immediately I used Secure Mobipocket Decoder and got the html file. I could not load it into word though, probably because it had so many special characters (german and norse). I just opened it in firefox and did a copy-paste into word. Then it just took me half an hour to make bold the chapter names and start them in new pages.

It is official, it works!"

PS. I know I could get it in .lit format, that can be unDRMed more easily, but I wanted to try mobi.

Last edited by kgian; 11-27-2007 at 06:46 PM.
kgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:11 AM   #2
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
you could buy it here in MS LIT format and use convertlit.exe to convert to html:
http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9...arm/index.aspx

actually, it's cheaper here:
http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...arm-eBook.html

i haven't found it any "other" way either.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've found it cheaper at BooksOnBoard for only $15.96.
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=113173

You would need to purchase it in a format where you can strip the DRM and then convert it to another format. Book Designer would be your best bet for converting it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
ConvertLit does ... "lose" the DRM in the conversion process
mores is offline   Reply With Quote