Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
dhume01
Connoisseur
dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Chromebook Pro, Note 10 Lite
txt to epub & font rescaling

Like everyone else, I love Calibre and I'm exploring everything it offers....

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to convert text files (.txt) to epub files, but to the specific font size. I find that 1.09em looks perfect on my ereader, but the only options I see are in "pt" (like when you're editing a word document). Any help to figure out the right way to set up the conversion would be very much appreciated!!
dhume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:49 AM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
On the Look & Feel page: "Disable font rescaling" and then add your own styling.

I use Tweak ePub to replace the calibre generated stylesheet.css with my own standard version but you could probably use the CSS box on the Look & Feel page.

For paragraphs I use: P { font-family:sans-serif; font-size:0.79167em; text-indent:1.5em; margin:0 }

This gives a small but readable size on Sony PRS-300 reader which scales well to Medium and Large. I also add styles for H1, H2, etc.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert