Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #406
hinckly
hinckly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Smile Kobo Wifi

Hello
I bought a wireless Kobo ereader but the language is English, you know, and there is an update or a way to put it in Spanish?

thanks
---------------------
Hola
He comprado un Kobo Wifi pero el idioma del ereader es el inglés, sabeis y hay alguna actualización o alguna forma para ponerlo en español?

Gracias
hinckly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #407
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckly View Post
Hello
I bought a wireless Kobo ereader but the language is English, you know, and there is an update or a way to put it in Spanish?

thanks
---------------------
Hola
He comprado un Kobo Wifi pero el idioma del ereader es el inglés, sabeis y hay alguna actualización o alguna forma para ponerlo en español?

Gracias
For my Kobo Touch, it prompted for the language to use when I first used it. If I need to change it, I can in the settings. I would think it would be the same for yours.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #408
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The WiFi was an older device and I don;t think Spanish was an option.

Hold on.. Just about to do a reset on my WiFi and see what options I have

Updating......

Sorry to say I see NO language options.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #409
camtosh
Enthusiast
camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Fanatic is probably 5 of any author, the Lost In Austen award is keyed to Jane Austen. It would be possible to get Fanatic and Lost In Austen if you happened to download five Jane Austen books, as you're meeting the criteria for both awards.
Ah yes, but for the Austen one you have to actually *read* the 5 books I'm working on rereading them... for the umpteenth time.
Fanatic was awarded just for downloading them.

Last edited by camtosh; 08-08-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: typo
camtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #410
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtosh View Post
Ah yes, but for the Austen one you have to actually *read* the 5 books I'm working on rereading them... for the umpteenth time.
Fanatic was awarded just for downloading them.
*cough* Open book, go to TOC, select last chapter, page / scrub to end of book, tap on "Close Book" pink banner thing. Repeat for next book *cough*
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #411
camtosh
Enthusiast
camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo touch
Sharkie, you have a cold?
I know I can skip through, but I actually like rereading Jane, so only skip the long-winded parts....
Yeah, I know, they're all long-winded parts. But oh so witty!
camtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #412
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I've got a terrible cough
Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #413
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Yeah, I've got a terrible cough
Yep, even overflows into your typing.

I wonder if there are any new awards in the new 2.1.4 firmware update.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #414
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I have the 2.1.4 on the Glo and no new award show I was disappointed as I expected to have to pass all the awards I had on the Touch again, but as I synced with the same account as the Touch, it gave me back the Touch awards. And buggy awards are still buggy
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #415
Sharkus
Evangelist

As you synced with and existing account that had the awards you won't be able to go through the process of obtaining them again. As far as I'm aware the Glo / Touch / Mini share the same firmware, and the awards are the same on all three of those devices.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #416
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
yes, that's exactly how it is
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #417
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
yes, that's exactly how it is
Aw.. One less incentive to upgrade to a Glo..
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #418
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Aw.. One less incentive to upgrade to a Glo..
You could always just register your Glo with a new email address if you want to win all the awards again...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #419
iqla
iqla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
These are the awards I have completed but have not received the awards with: Inverted Comma, BookLover, Fully Loaded, Deep Thinker.
Please can someone help me!
I'm sorry to be so clueless!!

Last edited by iqla; 11-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.
iqla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #420
NiborSypher
NiborSypher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4S
Hi iqla, did you try to get them on your kobo device, or did you use an iOS or Android device with the kobo app, for they are only for the app's and not for a kobo device (exeption can be the Vox).

They are calculated in your app so you have to achieve them on the iOS/Android device.

In case of the free loader you can best load free kobo ebooks from their site and not ones that are already on the device to be sure.

The book lover one is somtimes what crappy, but uninstall the app and install again and then enter you account data anew and this mostly solves it.
(remember if you side loaded ebooks to ensure you have a copy of them)

And in all cases use "Kobo ePub" ebooks for the awards (exept the side loader one of course) otherwise the app does not count them.

Hope this helps.
NiborSypher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch