Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Question first charge new user

Hi, am a new owner of sony touch

I'm not a techie at all (get a bit nervous using gadgets) but I just love reading and my only experience of reading ebooks has been on the nintendo DS (no laughs please!) and I loved it so much I jumped at getting a proper ebook reader

Anyway, followed instructions, plugged into computer and it said it should take about 4 hours to charge via USB.

Well 2 hours later the red light has gone out. Could it have charged up that fast and should I unplug it?

thanks for any help
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It takes a couple of battery charge cycles to calibrate the power gauge, so you may find that it fairly quickly loses its charge. Best thing to do is to use it now until you get the "low battery" warning, and then fully charge it again. That should properly calibrate the battery gauge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Euroboy
Connoisseur
Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle2 Intl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Hi, am a new owner of sony touch

I'm not a techie at all (get a bit nervous using gadgets) but I just love reading and my only experience of reading ebooks has been on the nintendo DS (no laughs please!) and I loved it so much I jumped at getting a proper ebook reader

Anyway, followed instructions, plugged into computer and it said it should take about 4 hours to charge via USB.

Well 2 hours later the red light has gone out. Could it have charged up that fast and should I unplug it?

thanks for any help

After the light is out, you are done. Mine charged really quick too, and follow HarryTs advice, it is a good one
Euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Thank you I will definitely follow that advice.

I managed to upload some books with the calibre software I read about on this forum - very easy even for me
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #5
Belanna
Belanna began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
If you experience a bad battery life even after a few charge-discharge cicles you should try to charge it with a PSP-like charger. I found that if I charge it with USB the battery heats up a lot and I don't like that...
Belanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Is the AC adapter any better for the initial charge? Just got the 600 for my wife and want to sneak some books on there before giving it to her for Christmas.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Belanna
Belanna began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
I did the first charge with the USB, than I noticed a poor battery life. So I charged it with the adapter. I think that the two methods are more or less similar but my impression was that the adapter "squeezed" more juice in the battery
Belanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 AM   #8
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
The USB seems to take a long time to fully charge. I would get a full 4 bars, but short life, unless I left it on overnight.

I got the iGo tip (A54) for the PRS-505 (same voltage/current specs) and it charges a lot quicker and seems to properly fully charge. Funny thing is, iGo, has a USB charging cord that takes their tips, and that works better than charging from the supplied USB cable. Plus you can still read while charging with the iGo charging.

I alos have an iGo wall wart for travel, and just picked up a alptop/charing all in one unit that plugs into the wall (any votlage), car or the airline socket.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote