Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #76
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have a spamgourment account but I rarely use it as it's a pain in the arse to administer.

What I normally do is create an email alias which forwards to my main account. If it starts receiving too much crap I simply create another one for those who need it, delete the original and add a filter rule to deep six any incoming traffic.

I don't normally use gmail so I wasn't aware of it's 'foibles', but I may test out the livehacker trick. The problem there is it may not always work and could stop working altogether without warning.

Code:
NOTE: I am the current holder of this code. Please PM me for it.
Howlingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #77
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Another option if you use gmail is to take advantage of Google's complete disregard for the standard for email addresses. Gmail ignores periods in the part of the address to the left of the "@". so some.address@gamil.com , someaddress@gmail.com and so.me.add.ress@gmail.com all go to the same account.
Interesting. This probably explains why a coworker keeps getting email for someone else... his account is like johndoe@gmail.com, but some other John Doe signs up for stuff using john.doe@gmail.com and he gets the emails.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #78
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Interesting. This probably explains why a coworker keeps getting email for someone else... his account is like johndoe@gmail.com, but some other John Doe signs up for stuff using john.doe@gmail.com and he gets the emails.
Yeah, I have a fairly common name and get lots of misdirected email myself. Apparently I'm a girl in junior high, a swim coach in Utah, customer of a auto dealership in St. Louis, and on the library board in a town in Virginia. Also, I suspect that Ms. Camille Richerdson sometimes types @gmail.com instead of @gmail.fr (or maybe @gmail.ca), I get some spam in french which I don't speak.

Usually if it is of a personal (non-commercial) nature I let the sender know and that's the end of it.

And since this thread has gotten astray:

Howlingwolf is the current holder of the code, PM him to get in on the action!
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #79
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
pm sent to Howlingwolf
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #80
Kildar
Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: pc and ipod(stanza)
PM sent to Howlingwolf
Kildar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #81
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
--Kildar - You should PM JohnnyBook
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #82
Howlingwolf
Groupie
Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.Howlingwolf has never been to obedience school.

Oops...

Kildar PM'd me yesterday about the code but didn't post here so I sent him a reminder and a link to the instructions.

...And didn't check the thread before sending him the code when I got his reply

Sorry JonnyBook.

You'll just have to make do with the other four you've requested for the moment and get this one from Kildar

I've forwarded your PM to Kildar.

NOTE: Code passed to Kildar.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #83
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

No Problem, PM sent to Kildar

Yes, Howlingwolf, you have 4 other PMs for other books for me in your inbox, (and I WILL be holding my breath waiting....)

Please hurry, I am turning blue already.

*EDIT*

Question... Some of these books are not finished yet... (listed as 3/4s or ARCs) If I Download the ARCs or 3/4s books now, will I be able to get the completed book later when its done? Thanks.

Last edited by JohnnyBook; 07-28-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #84
Howlingwolf
Groupie

Yes. That's certainly how I understand it.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ARCs are only available in html format so if you download one of the other formats you won't get them.

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 07-28-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Spelling mistooke
Old 07-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #85
JohnnyBook
Groupie

Yes I just noticed that the ARC and 1/2 and 3/4s books were not downloaded in the format I downloaded. (mobi) now I just hope I get an e-mail notice from Baen when the books are complete and the other formats are availible.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #86
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
You will not get an email from Baen when the books are complete downloads, or at least I never do. But the individual books are marked as "whatever" complete on your Baen books page, so you will have to keep an eye on them, but hey you got them free!

For information - most part books seem to go full version about 2 weeks before the bundle month begins, so the November bundle should be complete about 16th October.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #87
Kildar
Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kildar , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: pc and ipod(stanza)
Sorry about the mix up
This is the first time for me

Code has been sent to JohnyBook
Kildar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #88
JohnnyBook
Groupie

Code received and used.

I am the current holder of this code. Please PM me for it.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #89
dadalo
Connoisseur
dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
PM sent to JohnnyBook.

-dadalo
dadalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #90
JohnnyBook
Groupie

Code passed to dadalo