Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #136
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, but he made a musical about it!
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, it's a *musical* about war of the worlds ??? that's hilarious !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #137
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, it's a *musical* about war of the worlds ??? that's hilarious !
Don't tell me you've never heard of it! It's already 33 years old...

Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #138
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Don't tell me you've never heard of it! It's already 33 years old...
Okay, wont tell ya.

So skip the following part:
Spoiler:
Never heard of it ...
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #139
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Actually, it is truely excellent - stunning cast on the original recording with Richard Burton as the Narrator/Journalist. Amazing soundtrack. I still have the original double album on vinyl withe the book of special commisioned illustrations and paintings. I thought everyone had heard Richard Burtons opening line...... "No-one would have believed........" - awesome stuff.

For those who have never heard the opening lines

Opps sorry hijacked the thread a bit there.........
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #140
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post

Oh, we like hijackers around here, no worries
You certainly know, that everyone showing up in this thread is obliged to join our meet-up on Saturday. Your hotel room is booked. We expect you at 7 pm
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #141
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
You certainly know, that everyone showing up in this thread is obliged to join our meet-up on Saturday. Your hotel room is booked. We expect you at 7 pm
Oh I wish, I haven't had a chance to visit Germany for about 8 years (I used to work for a company with offices in Ismaning). Unfortunately I promised to collect my aging mother form her holiday in Yorkshire (About an 900 mile round trip) over this weekend otherwise I'd be there. Will definately try to make the next one

Oh and thanks for not Keelhauling me
Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #142
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Peverel: We will see about the keelhauling
Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #143
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
@Peverel: We will see about the keelhauling

And to think I actually missed you!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #144
tirsales

Quote:
And to think I actually missed you!!!!
Oh well, I might spare you for that
Old 06-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #145
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, it is truely excellent - stunning cast on the original recording with Richard Burton as the Narrator/Journalist. Amazing soundtrack. I still have the original double album on vinyl withe the book of special commisioned illustrations and paintings. I thought everyone had heard Richard Burtons opening line...... "No-one would have believed........" - awesome stuff.
I only have the double CD, also with a booklet full of illustrations and paintings. And! We'll be getting the DVD that will be created at the show itself. (and first row seats FTW!)

Quote:
It's no hijack... It's my valid reason why I won't be able to come tomorrow
Old 06-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #146
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Here we go: Only ONE day left!!! If you still didn't confirm your participation then DO IT NOW - otherwise you will have to deliver your letter of confirmation by hand to:
"Zimt und Koriander"
Schärfengässchen 4
Frankfurt a. Main, Germany.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #147
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, the cat won't allow me to leave the bed, which means I cant make it in time to get there...
Old 06-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #148
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
WHERE'S THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????? ?????????
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #149
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
WHERE'S THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????? ?????????
Well unfortunately we were confronted with some technical problems in Frankfurt and had to use my camera phone as UTMS modem for mtravellerh's netbook.
Anyway you can find some pictures here...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #150
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I can't believe these meetups with so few pictures!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deutschland, frankfurt, germany, meet-up