Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a $30 off sale on the Aura now and that brings the price down to $99. The sale is good until March 20. Chapters also has the Aura on sale as well for the same $99.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is a $30 off sale on the Aura now and that brings the price down to $99. The sale is good until March 20. Chapters also has the Aura on sale as well for the same $99.
It's very tempting, but I am waiting for the next generation of 6" Kobo.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #18
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Going from a Sony Reader to a Kobo Aura ("new", not the HD), I found that the Kobo is a lot more fragile. The first one broke after a couple of months, while in a semi-hard pouch in my cargo pocket on the bus. I usually take good care of my stuff, but the Kobo turned out to be very brittle compared to the seemingly indestructible Sony.

I got a very cheap cover from ebay, and was surprised by the excellent quality. It is very durable, fits the reader snugly, and is even shaped to fit the non-flat back surface of the reader. The particular seller I bought from has quit ebay, but there are a plethora of other sellers selling what seems to be the exact same cover:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PU-Leather-A...n/400846876448

I've used it daily for a year and a half now, it has no visible signs of wear. Recommended.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #19
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
My Aura is the only reader that I've broken too. I used to carry my Pocket Pro and my Kobo Mini in my pockets all the time, and never had any issues. I went to read Skin Game one day, and my screen was toast. Now I'm back to a rooted Nook STR. (I hate these screens that have the IR sheet to register page turns, my Aura was the next best thing to my PP's physical page-turn buttons.)
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #20
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
(I hate these screens that have the IR sheet to register page turns, my Aura was the next best thing to my PP's physical page-turn buttons.)
Wha???

The IR touchscreens have NO sheet on top, they use the interruption of invisible IR light to detect touch. Capacitive touchscreens are the ones with a sheet of material over the eInk screen.

Maybe you hate both types and combined them into one? :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Perhaps Ladyrixx means that you get fewer accidental page-turns with the Aura's capacitive screen than you do with IR screens.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote