Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
For those with Netbooks

I love my netbook. I love the portability, the ability to read ebooks on it, the humongous battery life.

However, I am going nuts trying to figure out how to increase the size of the font without decreasing the size of the display...........ie.........if I increase the size of the font thru the "view" section, I lose much of the page and have to scroll back and forth to read an entire page.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks for any suggestion.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
You can customize that setting for your browser, and in some applications. Although it seems in IE 8, the only thing that it works on when I just tried it is the links in the bottom of your post, everything else stayed the same no matter what level I hit. Did you try "zoom" or "text size" through the "view" section? Text size is the one you need...assuming you can get it to work. Let me post this and do some more experimenting.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
You can customize that setting for your browser, and in some applications. Although it seems in IE 8, the only thing that it works on when I just tried it is the links in the bottom of your post, everything else stayed the same no matter what level I hit. Did you try "zoom" or "text size" through the "view" section? Text size is the one you need...assuming you can get it to work. Let me post this and do some more experimenting.
Nope..........I run firefox.

Under "view", my options are "zoom" "zoom" text only, there is not options for "text size" when I'm online.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Nope..........I run firefox.

Under "view", my options are "zoom" "zoom" text only, there is not options for "text size" when I'm online.
Well crud. I'm sorry hon, I have no idea.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Well crud. I'm sorry hon, I have no idea.
Thanks for trying!
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
dg, do you have a "Control Panel" and "Ease of Access" on it with "optimize visual display"? You can try changes under that.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The "Zoom text only" option makes the zoom function act like text scaling in earlier versions of Firefox. So the width of the page shouldn't change.

Last edited by Dylrob; 02-20-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
The "Zoom text only" option makes the zoom function act like text scaling in earlier versions of Firefox. So the width of the page shouldn't change.
Thats it!!! I was using "zoom in" which made the text larger, but I didn't get as much page.

Then I tried clicking on "zoom text only" but that didn't make any difference.

THEN I clicked "zoom text only" AND zoom in and now I have the size I need and the full page!!

Thank you dylrob.......I was ready to get rid of my netbook, my eyes were straining too hard to read the tiny print. Karma to you.

You may wonder why I don't use the laptop........after just getting it back, etc etc.

The granddaughter who moved back in with us? Guess what she's using...........
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Tools --> Options --> Contents Tab (3rd one).
There you could edit the default font size. If this doesn't help click settings next to the font chooser. Inside increase both font sizes until you like the view.
If you see text over other text try using the "Liquid" forum mode, on the bottom left corner of the screen.
I'm attaching a screenshot with my settings (I read ona a 15,6", but from 70-90 cm, so they might actually work for you too.

Edit: Just saw you've already found a solution. Still I'm leaving the post if you wish to play a little with the fox.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Desert.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	46000  

Last edited by LCF; 02-20-2010 at 07:36 PM.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Outstand directions, thank you!!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I adore the firefox extension called "No Squint." It lets you set custom fullpage and font-only zoom levels for every site you visit.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Tools --> Options --> Contents Tab (3rd one).
There you could edit the default font size. If this doesn't help click settings next to the font chooser. Inside increase both font sizes until you like the view.
If you see text over other text try using the "Liquid" forum mode, on the bottom left corner of the screen.
I'm attaching a screenshot with my settings (I read ona a 15,6", but from 70-90 cm, so they might actually work for you too.

Edit: Just saw you've already found a solution. Still I'm leaving the post if you wish to play a little with the fox.

Artistic !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
I adore the firefox extension called "No Squint." It lets you set custom fullpage and font-only zoom levels for every site you visit.
Thanks.....k to you for that also!