Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
stasage
stasage began at the beginning.

Device: HTC One, Motorola Xoom
Moon+ Reader wouldn't update info in file

Hi there!
I have set up wireless syncing thorough Calibre (PC) --> Calibre Companion (Android). Then I import books in Moon+ Reader. The problem is, that when in Moon+ Reader I go to "My Shelf" --> menu --> "Edit book information" and then I edit the Tags there (for example), I would like it to be updated on my PC too. However, after editing in Moon+ Reader, my Calibre Companion doesn't see the update in the file (when I look information, Tag section) and apparently wouldn't sync changes with my PC.

How can I fix this? Where is the problem? Looks like Moon+ Reader just saves changes in its own files but not in the original EPUB?

Thank you!
stasage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
stasage
stasage began at the beginning.

Device: HTC One, Motorola Xoom
So, I emailed a question to the Moon+ Reader author and that's what he said:

Quote:
hi, it doesn't modify the book file, and only save the information in inner database.
Very disappointing. Hopefully actual file editing feature will be added in the future. For now, there is kinda no point of editing with Moon+ Reader, since you can't sync it back to the PC.
stasage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, calibre, moon+ reader, sync, tags