Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
marissina
marissina began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Calibre and Kindle: Different Book Names?

Hi,

I have a kindle 2 and my the ebooks I have are from various series, so before uploading them to my kindle I renamed the files to have the number in which they appeared in the series at the front of the books title to make it easy when sorting by title on my kindle. However, with my love of organisation I now have the problem that my books in calibre have numbers in the title, making them impossible to sort.

Is there any way that I can get my kindle to display a different title, or to rename the books in calibre and still have my kindle recognise these books as the same?
marissina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You want to look at the Calibre "Metadata Plugboard" capability. It is designed for exactly the case where the metadata in the book needs massaging during the transfer to a device. You can then keep your Calibre metadata clean and set up rules for the "massaging" you prefer at a device level.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, kindle, titles