Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Kobo support...

I've been trying to get a new/replacement password email reply from Kobo support for 3 emails over 3 days now - is there a problem in the support dept anyone know ?

I get acknowledge of request, then nothing happens... Are they incredibly busy or summat ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Isn't this kind of request automated? I don't think there is someone going through every password reset request and sending them.

Check your Junk Mail filter.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I sent them a request and got an answer today
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
I had to write Kobo support today because DH's Kobo wifi decided not to work last night

Its doing an unchanging barcode thing onscreen and flashing 18 times blue when you push buttons. The computer can't see it. No idea why. AFAIK nobody dropped it or dropped anything on it. It was just sitting there for a few days since the last reading session. Worked okay then.

Anyway, I tried a few ideas from this forum and when that didn't recover it, I filed for an official ticket. I got the automated response within seconds. Hopefully my ticket (#342160) will see action before too long. Depends on how many are in the queue already and how many techs they have, I should imagine.
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushan View Post
I had to write Kobo support today because DH's Kobo wifi decided not to work last night

Its doing an unchanging barcode thing onscreen and flashing 18 times blue when you push buttons. The computer can't see it. No idea why. AFAIK nobody dropped it or dropped anything on it. It was just sitting there for a few days since the last reading session. Worked okay then.

Anyway, I tried a few ideas from this forum and when that didn't recover it, I filed for an official ticket. I got the automated response within seconds. Hopefully my ticket (#342160) will see action before too long. Depends on how many are in the queue already and how many techs they have, I should imagine.
I notice that they assign a priority to the Help ticket so that might also affect the speed of the response. Did the things you tried to fix the problem include a 'pin reset'?

Regards,
Joe
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
sadly, yes, I have already tried that option a half dozen times. Why they felt the need to require a pin when it locks so often have no idea...
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I've been trying to get a new/replacement password email reply from Kobo support for 3 emails over 3 days now - is there a problem in the support dept anyone know ?

I get acknowledge of request, then nothing happens... Are they incredibly busy or summat ?
It's a holiday weekend here in Canada, where their main office is located. That might make a difference.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote