Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #3511
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
The Dresden Files I don't need to reread, but The Way of Kings was so intricate I don't mind going back, and I don't know if I could follow the sequel without a refresher.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #3512
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

60 DAYS LEFT!!!

Time is flying, 2 more months, yaaayyy!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #3513
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Ah, but if you take a trip to Mexico, you can discount.
Aaahhh I see now
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #3514
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #3515
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date countdown:
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #3516
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

57 DAYS LEFT!!!

So I started Death Masks on Friday...I decided not to start right from the beginning this time. I want to read Side Jobs in between. I haven't finished Fated yet, I might pick it back up in between my Dresden re-read. It didn't really grab me as I thought it would, but that's probably because of my mood and not that the book was bad or anything.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #3517
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
57 DAYS LEFT!!!

So I started Death Masks on Friday...I decided not to start right from the beginning this time. I want to read Side Jobs in between. I haven't finished Fated yet, I might pick it back up in between my Dresden re-read. It didn't really grab me as I thought it would, but that's probably because of my mood and not that the book was bad or anything.
I think I'm going to start my reread with "Dead Beat" soon here.
It's funny you say that about "Fated", because I'm in a similar situation. I tried the first book of the Iron Druid Chronicles, and I just can't seem to get into it. I think my main issue is a combination of lack of familiarity with Celtic mythology, and a dislike for Atticus right off the bat.
I don't think I'll bother finishing it to be honest.
I think it might be time to start doing some serious gaming again.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #3518
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

56 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #3519
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

Me again...

55 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #3520
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool DRESDEN FILES coming to BROADWAY!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:
Apr 01, 2014 - DRESDEN FILES coming to BROADWAY!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 31, 2014
New York, NY

First, there were novels. Then it became a TV show. Then a comic book. Now, Harry Dresden is going where no urban fantasy book series has gone before. In Spring 2015, THE DRESDEN FILES conquers Broadway.

This new musical takes inspiration from the events of “Dead Beat,” the seventh book in the multiple #1 New York Times bestselling series. Multiple-Tony Award Winning director and costume/puppet designer Julie Taymor (The Lion King, Titus, Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark) was hand-picked for her experience bringing fantastical creatures to the Broadway stage. Ms. Taymor mused, “I’m so grateful for this opportunity to realize a childhood dream of mine. I pushed Disney to include a zombie T-Rex battle in The Lion King, but they preferred I remain more faithful to the film.”

Author Jim Butcher expressed great enthusiasm for the selection. He remarked, “She made a musical about Spider-Man. That’s awesome. Hey, can this musical be a Spidey crossover? How much dueling snark can you put in a song?” Butcher then proceeded to sing the original 1967 cartoon theme song and “web” the interviewer with Silly String.

Frequent collaborators Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray, Catch Me If You Can) were tapped to create the music and lyrics, due to an industry reputation for writing “the sassiest lyrics ever.”

The workshop begins April 14th starring Hugh Jackman (Oklahoma, The Boy From Oz) as Harry, Matt Bomer (8, Magic Mike) as Thomas, Christopher Fitzgerald (Young Frankenstein) as Butters, and Scarlett Johansson (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) as romantic interest Shiela/Lasciel, with Broadway great Terrence Mann (Cats) reprising his role as the voice of Bob.

“Dead Beat” is slated to open at the Nerderlander Theatre on April 1st, 2015.

Discuss this news on the forum!

Last edited by alansplace; 04-02-2014 at 07:33 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #3521
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Oh my god, I almost spit out my coffee! It took me a second to figure out it was a joke...good one!

I still have my fingers crossed for an HBO show. It would be amazing.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #3522
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

54 DAYS LEFT!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #3523
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Skin Game Release...

53 DAYS LEFT!!!

So what's everybody been reading lately? I'm reading Death Masks still, I hope to be done later today or tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #3524
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, I'd been reading Raising Steam, by Terry Pratchett, until someone stole my library copy. No idea who, of course. (It was a pbook. )

My Dresden reread will start at day 30 of the countdown.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #3525
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
53 DAYS LEFT!!!

So what's everybody been reading lately? I'm reading Death Masks still, I hope to be done later today or tomorrow.
I powered through Andy Weir's "The Martian" in one sitting. The best new read I've had in a long time.

I gave up on "The Iron Druid Chronicles". I just couldn't get into it, and didn't like any of the characters right off the bat.

I think I'm gonna switch gears and do some non fiction now. My next one is "Ethical Oil: The Case For Canada's Oilsands" by Ezra Levant.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy