Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #181
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Looks useful for navigating "choice" panels.
Does the "mini keyboard" have a "tab" key?
Reason: "tab" (under X) is the key to move from panel to panel.

Edit:
And the "space" key, which checks / un-checks check boxes.
Added a "tab" and "space" key:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-10-18T14_51_40-0000.gif
Views:	335
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	94400  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Utils.rar (1.46 MB, 214 views)
File Type: rar evilvte.rar (3.7 KB, 212 views)
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #182
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
Added a "tab" and "space" key:
Super!

Now if twobob can figure out how to wire it into his set of interface things. . . .
We are a big step forward towards supporting both keyboard and non-keyboard Kindles.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #183
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
twobob

For you English localization settings for the keyboard with a mini keyboard.
Attached Files
File Type: rar layouts.rar (79.0 KB, 216 views)
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #184
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
twobob

For you English localization settings for the keyboard with a mini keyboard.
HEROIC
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #185
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

some shots of it in action. still don;t have the event piping sorted. suppose I will have to dig around in SDL (again)

I do have different modes sorted though with nice tidy menus

Will be great when it's hooked up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_209.png
Views:	335
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	94466   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_210.png
Views:	309
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	94467   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_211.png
Views:	287
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	94468   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_212.png
Views:	298
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	94469   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_213.png
Views:	285
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	94470   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_214.png
Views:	285
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	94471   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_215.png
Views:	306
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	94472   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_216.png
Views:	283
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	94473   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_217.png
Views:	283
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	94474   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_218.png
Views:	266
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	94475  
Old 10-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #186
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Looking like real progress.

Note:
The button labeled: "kill-key" might be a bit mis-leading in a FPS game.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #187
twobob

Okay. So call me stupid but I think I get it.

SDL needs to be serviced by the matchbox events. Thus SDL is in fact the application that needs the code that supports matchbox in evilvte shuffling over to SDL.

Will think on that now. Noted likely locations for that code in
/~/GIT/k5ctng/output/build/sdl-1.2.15/src/video/x11/SDL_x11video.c

Quote:
/* Set the input hints so we get keyboard input */
if(!hints) {
hints = XAllocWMHints();
hints->input = True;
hints->flags = InputHint;
}
XSetWMHints(SDL_Display, WMwindow, hints);
XFree(hints);
and

Quote:
/* Update the internal keyboard state */
X11_SetKeyboardState(SDL_Display, NULL);

/* When the window is first mapped, ignore non-modifier keys */
if ( !current->w && !current->h ) {
Uint8 *keys = SDL_GetKeyState(NULL);
int i;
for ( i = 0; i < SDLK_LAST; ++i ) {
switch (i) {
case SDLK_NUMLOCK:
case SDLK_CAPSLOCK:
case SDLK_LCTRL:
case SDLK_RCTRL:
case SDLK_LSHIFT:
case SDLK_RSHIFT:
case SDLK_LALT:
case SDLK_RALT:
case SDLK_LMETA:
case SDLK_RMETA:
case SDLK_MODE:
break;
default:
keys[i] = SDL_RELEASED;
break;
}
}
}
will explore more tomorrow. Thanks for listening. feel free to help out with suggestions thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #188
R0nd
R0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just tried to launch it on my Paperwhite, the xterm itself seems to work fine, but there's no keyboard. Obviously I don't use GUI launcher, so I had to start it through SSH, here's what I get:
Code:
[root@kindle bin]# sh xterm.sh
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
/mnt/us/xterm/bin/xterm: Failed to open input method
Any ideas as to what went wrong? I understand this hasn't been adapted or tested for Paperwhite yet, but maybe we could figure something out.
R0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #189
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0nd View Post
Just tried to launch it on my Paperwhite, the xterm itself seems to work fine, but there's no keyboard. Obviously I don't use GUI launcher, so I had to start it through SSH, here's what I get:
Code:
[root@kindle bin]# sh xterm.sh
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
/mnt/us/xterm/bin/xterm: Failed to open input method
Any ideas as to what went wrong? I understand this hasn't been adapted or tested for Paperwhite yet, but maybe we could figure something out.
This messages should not be fatal. Maybe keyboard is hidden behind main window?
Is matchbox-keyboard running?
What is the output of "xwininfo -root -children | grep matchbox"?
You could try running xterm and then matchbox-keyboard separately. Or just running keyboard alone to see if it works. Look into xterm.sh for proper commands.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #190
R0nd
R0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityR0nd has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Code:
[root@kindle bin]# xwininfo -root -children | grep matchbox
     0x1400257 "L:KB_N:application_ID:matchbox-keyboard": ()  758x341+0+0  +0+0  MapState=IsViewable
So apparently it works, but I can't see it. I tried launching the keyboard alone, same deal. Is there some way to force it to the front?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #191
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there some way to force it to the front?
I put matchbox keyboard on the same layer as native KT keyboard. Maybe it is not enough for PW.
On KT native keyboard's window title is:
Code:
[root@kindle root]# xwininfo -root -children |grep kb
     0x1000003 "L:KB_N:keyboard_KBS:H_LanH:260_DM:KB_PorH:275": ("kb" "Kb")  600x275+0+525  +0+525  MapState=IsViewable
     0x1000001 "kb": ("kb" "Kb")  10x10+10+10  +10+10  MapState=IsUnMapped
What about PW?
(open native onscreen keyboard before running the command)

Last edited by baf; 12-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #192
R0nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
What about PW?
(open native onscreen keyboard before running the command)
Just tried it, opened the native keyboard and launched matchbox-keyboard (I still can't see it). Here's the output:
Code:
[root@kindle bin]# xwininfo -root -children | grep kb
     0x1000003 "L:KB_N:keyboard_DMINSETRIGHT:5_DM:KB_DMINSETLEFT:5_KBS:S_DMINSETTOP:54_LanH:352_PorH:352_DMINSETBOTTOM:5": ("kb" "Kb")  758x352+0+672  +0+672  MapState=IsViewable
     0x1000001 "kb": ("kb" "Kb")  10x10+10+10  +10+10  MapState=IsUnMapped
Old 12-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #193
baf
Evangelist

Thanks for the info. It seems that handling KB layer changed. As I don't have PW I cannot test it, but I will try to move keyboard to another layer and reposition it properly. I will get back to you when I have some test files.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #194
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Just tried to launch it on my Paperwhite, the xterm itself seems to work fine, but there's no keyboard.
Please replace matchbox-keyboard binary with attached one and run xterm.sh. I put matchbox keyboard on dialog layer and move it to the bottom of the screen. Maybe it will work on PW.
Attached Files
File Type: zip matchbox-keyboard.zip (22.7 KB, 193 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #195
R0nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Please replace matchbox-keyboard binary with attached one and run xterm.sh. I put matchbox keyboard on dialog layer and move it to the bottom of the screen. Maybe it will work on PW.
Thanks, I poked around a bit, and here's what I found: I can launch matchbox-keyboard alone and it's visible on the home screen. But here's the problem: when I run xterm.sh, matchbox-keyboard is obscured by xterm window, which is fullscreen
Code:
[root@kindle bin]# xwininfo -root -children | grep term
     0x160000d "L:A_N:application_ID:XTerm_PC:N_O:URL": ("kterm" "XTerm")  758x1024+0+0  +0+0  MapState=IsViewable
I tried adding -geometry argument to xterm.sh so it goes like this:
Code:
${EXTENSION}/bin/xterm -name kterm -geometry 126x52 &
${EXTENSION}/bin/matchbox-keyboard &
but it didn't change anything.

Tags
launcher add-ons