Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
raingod
raingod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Kindle DX
using the Calibre GREP to format chapters in RTFs

Hi All,

here's a question i can't figure out for myself.. i LOVE being able to press teh chapter forward/back buttons, but on my most of the PDF i download, the chapters are not "organized" in it. now, i know that calibre looks for the chapters using a grep pattern, and i was thinking to myself: what if i convert the PDF into an RTF using Calibre, go in there, and format the chapter headings with the correct "headers", then convert it into MOBI?

i think it's a good idea, but.. i'm not sure what calibre is looking for as it's signal for "this is the begining of a chapter" in an RTF. so... does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for reading!
raingod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I don't know the answer to your question but I found a thread on chapter markers which may be of use to you:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc...p/t-99037.html
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chapter, conversion, pdf, rtf