Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Problem with Sigil

I just uploaded an epub omnibus file that was composed of three html files from PG. I imported each of the three files into UltraEdit to create a single html file, edited it chiefly in that program, then took it to Sigil 0.3 to finish editing.

When I finally saved it using Sigil 0.3 I found that my imports of images and a font wouldn't work, and validation check showed that the referenced image resources were "missing in the package". The images showed correctly in Sigil, but did not show in Adobe DE, and the font did not show in either Sigil or in ADE. I spent a lot of time trying to find what was wrong but was unable to. Then I tried opening and saving the file with Sigil 0.2.4 - still no luck. BUT when I opened and saved with Sigil 0.1.9, all was corrected and the errors were eliminated in the validation check and both images and font showed in Adobe DE and now in Sigil 0.3.

Does anyone know what is going on??
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
When you imported the images, did they show up under the 'Images' section of the content tree?
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I unzipped the epub, the images and font showed in their proper places, under Images and Fonts.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hm, weird. Create an issue on the tracker.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
bobcdy
Fanatic

I'll do that, including corrected 1.9 files. I find that even though running it through 1.9 corrects problems, when I reopen this file with 2.4 or 3.0 I find that I still can't add a working new font or image without saving the file with added font/image and running it through 1.9 again. I have not tried them on another computer - I'll do that soon.
Bob
Advert