Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #31
XanderL
XanderL began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Question Problem installing

I tried installing the wrong package, which nicely notified me that it was for the other 2.12.1 firmware.
So I downloaded the 2.12 version, but now when I try to install the program it looks like it is doing something, but iViewer is not showing in the Programs folder after a reboot. I also tried using the reset botton on the back, nothing and again I tried to install and again nothing. Also no logfile is created. I am runinng fw 2.12 with developer package. Installing fb-reader was a breeze.
So I tried installing via the shell, just following the run.sh install's, but when I tell it to install the first package it complains that it can not kill the old gunzip process.
Looking at the processes with ps command does not reveal a process named gunzip.

It is most likely something simple, but I am stuck here. please
XanderL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #32
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
you shoud check if the install scrip has write any thing in the memory, (if you installed it in the cf, connect the iliad to the pc and check what it wrotes there)

It shoud have created de folder Programs (if it doesn't exist) and a sub folder iViewer. Also check if the contents manager shows the .cbr or .cbz files with the iViewer icon instead the icon with a X in the middel.

Remember than the applications install in the memory where you run it. If the scrip work it creates an entry in the same folder where the package is and say something like "install ok" if it fails the enty says "install failed".

I will check the install script.

Can you post in witch memory did you instaled it (cf, internal, MMC)? and is the same where you install fb-reader?
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #33
XanderL

Problem Installing

I installed it on CF, the same as FBreader. It only created the extra file when I used the wrong installer, telling me that the install had failed. While using the correct installerer, it never created a file telling me that the install was good / failed.
It still shows the cross icon for cbr files. I am using a Iliad type 1.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #34
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

If it doesn't recognice .cbr/.cbz files and doesn't show the folder Prograns nor iViewer the scrip has not run.

In the folder you copy install/uninstall should be a logdir folder. In there the run.sh creates a log of the install. You should check there if there is any usefull information in that log.

One thing you can try is:

- delete the install and uninstall folder of the iliad.
- copy again the folder install / unstall of the 2.12 firmware.
- run first the uninstall scrip, check if it shows a ok result.
- reboot your iliad, and try install again.

This way the instalation will be done as it was the first time you try.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #35
XanderL

Now it works

Sorry for the late response, but I didn't have time before to try again. I have done as you suggested in the previos post. Remove the folder, put back the folder. Then first uninstall -> unistall successful. Then re-install -> install successfull.
Now everything works perfect. Most of my cbr files are color A4 comics, but they still look great on my Iliad type 1. I have to keep it a bit closer to my face, because ofcourse the letters are rather small, but still it is tack-sharp.

I love your program. The only extra thing i would like an option to rotate 90 degrees en then scroll trough the page(s).

Thanks,
Xander
Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #36
good153
Enthusiast
good153 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Thanks very much for your effort.
good153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #37
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
Hi,

This viewer is really functional without having any gui whatsoever (except the comic display). This is indeed a very good software application. The only functionality that is missing that i use in comic viewers in other platforms is dividing double (landscape) pages into two halves and showing the left or the right depending if i have set in manga mode or normal mode.
I am wondering how this functionality can be implemented in iViewer. I am a C++ developer by profession so I could in theory do this myself but I would like some UI tips to implement the above functionality.

tovarish
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #38
Max
Connoisseur

Hi tovarish ,

I'm glad you liked iViewer and I would appreciate any contribution (I'm a Java Programmer and it has been a long time since I program in C++ ).

I use the ipdf source as example to implement iViewer and lot of code are adapted form ipdf.

In order to implement the landscape images split you would need to include buttons in the toolbar see IliadToolbar.cpp in the iViewer project in Dev Hub,
and ipdf source class channels.cpp.

the instruction is:

tbAppendPlatformIcon( ertoolbarChannel,
ER_PDF_VIEWER_UA_ID,
iconID_trashcan,
-1);
tbSetStatePlatformIcon(ertoolbarChannel,
ER_PDF_VIEWER_UA_ID,
iconID_trashcan,
iconState_grey );

the only icons you could use (as far as i know) are the already defined. I attach a list of the icons .

After that set the callback function (gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (window), "button_press_event", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (buttonPressCbk), this)
(see PDFView.cpp from ipdf source)

In iViewer I tried to package all toolbar functions in the class IliadToolbar, but I never finished it.

After that iViewer works with two lists TodoList has an item for every page you wan to render, PageList has the pages rendered as Pixbuf (GrPixbuf is a class that contains the GtkPixbuf). If you can split the page Pixbuf in two and put them in the PageList, iViewer will show them.

I hope this helped you.

I included the attachmend in the first post. The list of icons has de icon id and the image for every state. (iconstate_grey, iconstate_normal and iconstate_selected)

Last edited by Max; 11-10-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #39
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
After that iViewer works with two lists TodoList has an item for every page you wan to render, PageList has the pages rendered as Pixbuf (GrPixbuf is a class that contains the GtkPixbuf). If you can split the page Pixbuf in two and put them in the PageList, iViewer will show them.
Splitting one landscape image to two portrait images is one solution. IMHO, however, it will take more processing time and ram. I would suggest using GtkViewport to scroll the view to dispaly part of a landscape image. Thus, we have to load a image once, and no need to split it.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:10 AM   #40
Max
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Splitting one landscape image to two portrait images is one solution. IMHO, however, it will take more processing time and ram. I would suggest using GtkViewport to scroll the view to dispaly part of a landscape image. Thus, we have to load a image once, and no need to split it.
GtkViewport will be a faster way to implement this functionality, but I would prefer to scroll the image with the pagebar and hide the scrollbar that way you don't have to take out the pen and clink on the page. I never use GtkViewPort and so far didn't found a way to hide the scroll bar.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #41
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I never use GtkViewPort and so far didn't found a way to hide the scroll bar.
GtkViewport does not have scrollbar. The widget having scrollbar is GtkScrolledWindow. By associating pagebar event with gtk_viewport_set_vadjustment() or gtk_viewport_set_hadjustment(), it's very simple to scroll the viewport.

Last edited by ericshliao; 11-11-2009 at 06:31 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #42
Max
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
GtkViewport does not have scrollbar. The widget having scrollbar is GtkScrolledWindow. By associating pagebar event with gtk_viewport_set_vadjustment() or gtk_viewport_set_hadjustment(), it's very simple to scroll the viewport.
So thats the reason I couldn't found a way to hide the scroll bars .

Then we only need to detect witch part of the image we are showing and scroll the image or jump to the next if necessary. I have little free time now and don't know when I could try this, but I will let you know how works.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #43
tovarish
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info max, I am looking into how i can quickly set up a development environment.

tovarish
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #44
tovarish
Enthusiast

Hi Max,

Could you help me with how you set up your build environment. I used this
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ilia...cial_toolchain
but it pubts all required libraries in /usr/local in scratchbox. This would mean that I have to change your makefiles and then it is not so handy with merging sources back to svn.
I am using a virtual machine so i can set up the system just like you have done.

tovarish
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 AM   #45
Max
Connoisseur

Hi,

I use the official sdk,

see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19406

Download the official SDK package. Unpack it to "/". You should see a "/usr/local/arm" after unpacking. If you unpack it to somewhere else, error may occur during compile. The official SDK already contains needed libs, such as gtk, poppler, eripc, scribble...

you will need to type:
"export PATH=/usr/local/arm/oe/bin:$PATH".
"export CC=arm-linux-gcc".
"export CXX=arm-linux-g++".