Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
NickolasD
Nickolas Drake
NickolasD began at the beginning.

Device: none
A Murder in the Grand Canyon, Mystery eBook

Travel writer, Carol Valenti was enjoying her first view of the Grand Canyon when her new acquaintance wealthy Mimi Griffin, squeezed her arm in a death grip.
Carol turned to see a man scrambling up the protective fence, and then with a wave at the astonished crowd, he flung himself over the edge to his death a thousand feet below. Accompanying him on his brief trip were the shrill tones of Mimi's ear piercing scream.

Hours after his death, Carol notices Red, Mimi’s husband, conversing and giving an envelope to a distinctive looking character. Later Carol hears that the same man is now dead.
That evening Carol meets Lex Alan, a Vintner showcased at a wine trade show held at the Grand Canyon. There is an instant attraction between them, and they make plans to meet and ride together on the mule trip down to the Canyon floor.

While at a cookout on the Colorado River, Red is murdered and Mimi becomes a prime suspect. As dangerous incidents continue to occur, Carol must find a way to clear Mimi of suspicion and find the killer, before she becomes the next victim.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NIFIDE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	titlepage.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	68717  

Last edited by NickolasD; 04-19-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: correction
NickolasD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Where is the link?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
NickolasD
Nickolas Drake

Thank you for pointing that out; shamelessly new here! Putting it in the rest of the posts now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NIFIDE
Old 03-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
First, welcome aboard!

Second, do you have any plans to offer this on Smashwords for those of us who do not buy from Amazon? There are loads of us who do not have Kindles and choose for whatever reasons to not use the app and this looks like something some of us would be interested in.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
NickolasD
Nickolas Drake

I will check, but I think by publishing with Kindle, I can't publish this with someone else. I know you can download the kindle app (free) to your PC, MAC, or smartphone. I use my notebook with the app to read the books.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickolasD View Post
I know you can download the kindle app (free) to your PC, MAC, or smartphone. I use my notebook with the app to read the books.
Right you are. But there are a lot of people who choose not to use the Kindle app for any of a variety of reasons. I think you might be able to list on Smashwords and Amazon both; lots of the authors here do. But not being an author, I don't know the ins and outs. You might check the Writer's Corner forum; I'm sure they discuss this question there, plus it's where all the cool authors hang out!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
NickolasD
Nickolas Drake

Thanks for not giving up on me! I will check this out; I did look at Smashwords and my next ebook will probably come from there. I do aspire to being cool!

N
Old 03-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
TomZ
TomZ began at the beginning.

I really like the cover picture; is that near Desert Tower?
TomZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
NickolasD
Nickolas Drake

Yes, it's a part of the building there. It was my first cover and I had a hard time deciding what picture of mine to use. I was going to add a knife to the cover but thought that might be a bit much. Thanks for the comment.

N
Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
@NickolasD: If you do publish on smashwords or anywhere else DRM free I will be happy to add your ebook to the database http://drmfree.calibre-ebook.com/

Please pm me the details of your next ebook if you publish it w/o DRM.

Thanks
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickolasD View Post
II know you can download the kindle app (free) to your PC, MAC, or smartphone.
If I wanted to read books on my computer, I wouldn't have bought an ebook reader.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
What he says...

What he
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
If I wanted to read books on my computer, I wouldn't have bought an ebook reader.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
TomZ
TomZ began at the beginning.

I'll have to check that out the next time I'm there. Just downloaded your book looking forward to it.
TomZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, grand canyon, mystery