Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Charging issue

I just got a prs 500 and I had a question on charging it, are there no led lights...how do I know if it is charging or even works?
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
PRS-500 cannot be charged from USB if it's totally flat. If you don't have the AC charger, get a PSP charger in any electronics/game shop.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Definitely what Igorsk suggests, JDuvall. I had terrible teething problems with my Sony until I caught onto the fact that an AC charger is the only effective way (never rely on the over-optimistic battery level meter on your device). Since then -- maybe eighteen months ago -- the machine's worked like a dream with never a hiccup. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
BaenSidhe
Groupie
BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500 and PRS-650
It has a red LED just above the power switch on the left edge that lights up when it is charging.

Last edited by BaenSidhe; 09-17-2010 at 03:03 PM.
BaenSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
jduvall
Enthusiast
jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!jduvall will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Got a psp charger today and it worked like a charm thanks so much. Now my wife has her own reader and will stop taking mine
jduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert