Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Secure EPUB Format at Fictionwise for 505?

Sorry to ask such a basic question. I thought we could now buy secure epub for the 505 but upon checkout I get a giant red warning that these will not work on the Sony..has fictionwise just not updated their site?

Tx
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I don't shop at Fictionwise but it's possible their ePubs are using a different DRM scheme that what the Sony devices can read. They may be using the DRM that can only be read on the B&N Nook.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
Sorry to ask such a basic question. I thought we could now buy secure epub for the 505 but upon checkout I get a giant red warning that these will not work on the Sony..has fictionwise just not updated their site?

Tx
Can you tell us what eBooks are saying they will not work on the 505?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

I tried Artic Drift, Clive Cussler and I think it was the Girl who played with Fire

Tx
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I tried Artic Drift, Clive Cussler and I think it was the Girl who played with Fire

Tx
That is odd. I got as far as putting in the credit card details and I did not get any message about these not being compatible with the 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:

Tx
Are you sure that you didn't select "eReader" format?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
SHOECHICK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you sure that you didn't select "eReader" format?
positive, I did it twice. Very strange. I'll try again, maybe something went weird when I went to use paypal.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
SHOECHICK
Addict

I tried again, this time it was fine. What happened was when my screen switched to the paypal screen, it changed the format, went back, picked Secure EPUB again, hit paypay and it was fine. Something I definitely need to keep an eye on.

Tx