Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
LouiseLK
LouiseLK began at the beginning.

Device: none
Who in the e-book business would you most like to hear from?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the e-book world and I am researching a conference on digital publishing.

Since I regard you as more experienced users than myself I thought it would be interesting to ask here who you would most like to hear from in the industry and what you most like to tell them...keep it polite

Thanks
LouiseLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
What I would most like to tell them is to skip the ten year phase where they torture their customers with DRM and skip straight to the no DRM our customers are not the enemy business model.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi LouiseLK and welcome to MobileRead.

Woudl also like to hear some common sense about pricing. EBooks save publishers LOTS of money. What aren't equivalent savings passed on?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, LouiseK!

As cassidym stated, many of us would like to hear more about ebook pricing. There are many threads here that discuss just this issue and many people have given their opinions, but not many publishers. Good luck with your conference and enjoy your time here at MR.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
In addition to the opportunity to explain that DRM is a failed business model, and finding out more about the pricing decisions, I'm interested in the conversion processes.

I'd like to hear from the ones who decide how to convert backlist print books to ebooks, and find out what software they're using, because a lot of older books converted to ebooks contain a ridiculous number of OCR and formatting errors.

I'd like to tell them that they need to hire real editors--or at least real proofreaders--for ebook productions.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert