Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #286
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
he's mailing one to me. it's my birthday present. now keep quiet or you'll ruin the surprise.
Heh heh heh!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #287
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
pshrynk, your new avatar - are you mailing pandas out to people?
It's the new iPanda Air. It fits inside a manila envelope...a bloody big manila envelope. It has no CD/DVD drive, but it has an excellent anti-theft security system (if anyone tries to steal it, it rips their arms off).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #288
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The answer to Ms Z's question, "What's the difference between a duck?" is:
Both legs are the same as the other.
How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
None. They define darkness as the new standard.
Is that a duck in your pocket or are you just happy to ...?

How do you mend a broken quacker?
With duck tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
No, I tested it with a spirit level and it's perfectly level; not slainted at all!

Cheers,
Marc
Quote:
That's the spirit!

Cheers,
Marc
Quote:
It's the new iPanda Air. It fits inside a manila envelope...a bloody big manila envelope. It has no CD/DVD drive, but it has an excellent anti-theft security system (if anyone tries to steal it, it rips their arms off).

Cheers,
Marc
attention, attention : groan capacity : EXCEEDED.

repeat : GROAN CAPACITY : EXCEEDED.

please engage the emergency back-up spleen you will find beneath your seat, and follow the indicated security measures.

this has been a message from the emergency broadcast system.
THIS IS NOT A TEST. REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A TEST.

this message will repeat automatically, until it automatically self-destructs.

attention, attention : groan capacity : EXCEEDED....

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #289
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Happy birthday ZP. Please send pictures of you blowing out the candles on the panda, once you get them lit. Clean up the blood later. Pictures are of ultimate importance so we can notify next of kin.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #290
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Happy birthday ZP. Please send pictures of you blowing out the candles on the panda, once you get them lit. Clean up the blood later. Pictures are of ultimate importance so we can notify next of kin.
i'll keep that in mind.
Advert
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #291
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Was it candles or did you simply set fire to so many pandas and then use a fire hose?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #292
zelda_pinwheel

set fire to pandas ??? you really don't know me at all, do you ??? *sigh.*
Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #293
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
I whole heartily Concur Happy Birthday Zee, I mailed you a chocolate Panda Cake but it got hung up in customs something about trying to acutelate the Inspectors??? Oh and Don't put your lips anywhere near a Panda especially a burning one!!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #294
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, we've got nearly two months to plan Queen Zee's birthday bash. I imagine Marc will be selected as the caterer. He'll have to come up with a bigger kick back than the one he offered, though. While I'm certain that "I'll try to keep the gibbon down to just three bloody deaths," is a big concession, we were looking for something a bit more... spendable.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #295
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah, we've got nearly two months to plan Queen Zee's birthday bash. I imagine Marc will be selected as the caterer. He'll have to come up with a bigger kick back than the one he offered, though. While I'm certain that "I'll try to keep the gibbon down to just three bloody deaths," is a big concession, we were looking for something a bit more... spendable.
He will also have to up the ante rather more on the food/drink line - too...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #296
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Pshrynk Congratulations?

Hey, Pshrynk? Are congratulations in order? Proud parent of a new four?

What? Mandatory "joke". Ummm. Okay.

How do you make a Yorkshireman? Take a Scotsman and squeeze all the generousity out of him.

<pause>

No I don't get it either; and my better half thumps me when I tell it.

Work. Work. Must get back to work.....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #297
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

How do you make a Yorkshireman? Take a Scotsman and squeeze all the generousity out of him.

<pause>

thought it was "take an Aberdonian and squeeze all the generosity out of him"...

Geoff
(Yorkshireman living near Aberdeen!!!)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #298
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
thought it was "take an Aberdonian and squeeze all the generosity out of him"...

Geoff
(Yorkshireman living near Aberdeen!!!)
Whoa, freaky. The English half of my genetic meander through the Isles comes from Yorkshire (Leeds Peel Park area.) The Irish quarter from Northern Ireland by way of Scotland. We're related in a All-Celts-Are-Related and a Once-a-Dalesman-Always-a-Dalesman sort of way.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #299
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Hey, Pshrynk? Are congratulations in order? Proud parent of a new four?

What? Mandatory "joke". Ummm. Okay.

<pause>

We are preparing your pod...

(I know, I jumped to a different medium and plot line...)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #300
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Whoa, freaky. The English half of my genetic meander through the Isles comes from Yorkshire (Leeds Peel Park area.) The Irish quarter from Northern Ireland by way of Scotland. We're related in a All-Celts-Are-Related and a Once-a-Dalesman-Always-a-Dalesman sort of way.
Oh - whoops - part of me (I forget which chromosome bit) has a link to Leeds ...

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness