Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Destroyed reader trying to get a new one via warranty

I.ve had my reader for 13 months, I got the extended accidental damage warranty when i bought it. At the Gymn the other day I dropped a ten pound weight on it. Toast! So I called Sony. They say they are going to send me a new one without even looking at my old one. We will see. I sure hope so.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Amazing that they would do that in this situation
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Amazing that they would do that in this situation
Not really, that's what accidental damage plans are for.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The funny thing about this is, I bought the accidental damage warranty for 89 bucks when i bought the reader and then i kicked myself for 'falling for that scam' later. I then nearly forgot about the warranty and when i dropped the weight on my reader (the lockers were all being used so I set it next to where i was working out so I could go read on the cardio machines after I lifted) I almost just chucked it in the garbage on the spot i was so disgusted with myself.

It took me 4 days to finally remember I got the accidental warranty and call. I was sorely tempted to lie and tell them... I dunno that I tripped and fell or that a baseball accisentally hit it or some more plausible story but I finally decided to tell it straight and told them about the dropped weight. The guy on the phone didn't even turn a hair. He said that the warranty I bought covers any accidental damage at all. Leave the reader on the hood of your car and back over it, drop it off your roof, anything!
Im way pumped about it. I was sure I was going to have to shell out 400 bills for a Kindle and I wanted to wait for the next generation Kindle first, (I know I'm gonna be a Kindle owner soon) He said he had to submit the report to his supervisor and he would approve shipping me a new one then he would call me back verifying the approval and walla, I'm with a new reader!

It doesnt seem possible they would be this cool and hassle free about it. I'll post a follow up as events progress.....
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote